HOW TO: Easy manual update to latest OTA Update

This is a discussion on HOW TO: Easy manual update to latest OTA Update within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Fuse That is the only update that has been officially released. There is another one that is half-baked (not official) you can ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Easy manual update to latest OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    That is the only update that has been officially released. There is another one that is half-baked (not official) you can read about here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n1-leaked.html

This supposedly fixes a lot of the 3G issues seen, but it's built off an older ROM.
    Did you see post #31?

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Works!, i love ya!

would it be helpfull if you listed all that the patch contains?

I just got my nexus yesterday, how do i know if I need the update?
    Thank, Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    No computer required! - For all users wishing to update who are still waiting for the official OTA update and cannot wait any longer, do not despair! There is another way, follow these instructions!

Note: These instructions are for users with stock ROM and stock recovery ROM (I.e. anyone who hasn't tried rooting their phone! See this page on MoDaCo forum for update instructions if you have rooted your Nexus already.)

1. Go to Android Market and search for AndroZip, Download & Install
    2. Open your browser and type in Hack HOW TO: Easy manual update to latest OTA Update - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum to open this page from your phone (unless your already reading this page on your phone!) then click one of the following links to download the update:
      https://android.clients.google.com/u...9.a487b405.zip
      OR THIS (Same file, different server)
      http://www.romraid.com/paul/nexusone...9.a487b405.zip
    3. Open AndroZip from the Apps menu (Do not open the ZIP directly from downloads menu)
    4. From AndroZip, go to the ./sdcard/download folder
    5. Hold down on the zip file you just downloaded until a menu appears, select 'Rename'
    6. Rename the file to update.zip, press OK
    7. Hold down on the zip file again, this time select 'Move'
    8. Navigate to the ./sdcard folder (Root of SD Card) and press OK to move the file
    9. Switch off phone, now hold the volume down key whilst pressing the On button, the Google Recovery menu should appear
    10. Use up/down arrow keys and select 'Recovery' by pressing power key to select
    11. Wait until a warning triangle appears then hold the volume UP key and the power key until another small menu fills the top of the screen Some users have found holding volume UP key first, then power key or other way round works better
    12. Select 'apply sdcard: update.zip', press the trackball to select this time
    13. Wait a couple of minutes until it asks you to reboot, select the reboot option (radio ROM now updates)
    14. The phone will restart and take longer than usual to boot, once it has, the update is complete!
    Hi Iggy, i tried the link in your post to go get the update at MoDaCo for a rooted phone but the page won't load and it says I have insufficient permission. I tried searching their forum but couldn't find the page. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
    Sandy

I have added a TINY URL now to the isntructions so you can get to this page quicker from your Android browser.

i have maps 4.1.1 so im thinking i have the update already?

since i updated to 2.2 like 2 weeks ago manually. is there a difference between that update and the final OTA update?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoonjin90 View Post
    since i updated to 2.2 like 2 weeks ago manually. is there a difference between that update and the final OTA update?
    Yes there is a difference. The one you have is an RC. Don't worry though as you will receive the OTA when it is ready. If you look at the Kernael version under "About phone" you will see the build number as "#1" at the very end. This is only really for trouble shooting, and really should not have been used by the public.

This may be a stupid if not just out right dumb question. But is the instructions on post #44 referring to the official manual Froyo OTA, or is this the same update I made two weeks ago?
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetrice80 View Post
    This may be a stupid if not just out right dumb question. But is the instructions on post #44 referring to the official manual Froyo OTA, or is this the same update I made two weeks ago?
    At the time (2 weeks ago) it was thought to be the official OTA by everyone, but no, it is only the RC. The one you have is the same one. Like I said you can be sure if you check your Kernel version. "#1" is the first release candidate.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links