Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player

This is a discussion on Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by mguindon10 Check out doubletwist. It's like itunes but way better.... Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3 Thank you very ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player

Quote Originally Posted by mguindon10 View Post
    Check out doubletwist. It's like itunes but way better....

Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3
    Thank you very much. The doubleTwist works fine and created the playlist in my N1 however the album covers were not ported.

Anyone knows a plug-in that will download album covers into doubleTwist?

Quote Originally Posted by SR_Eyes View Post

Thank you very much. The doubleTwist works fine and created the playlist in my N1 however the album covers were not ported.

This is from doubletwist forums:
    "re, the album art issue. If your music files have album artwork embedded, it will show up in doubleTwist and on your device. However, note that the iTunes album artwork download feature does not add the artwork to the files. iTunes keeps the artwork in a separate database.

We're working on our own album artwork download feature which will be released later this Spring."

So hold tight and it should be working soon.

Could you please connect your Nexus One to PC, open corresponding folders in Windows Explorer and look inside Nexus One folders. I wonder where doubleTwist placed playlist files and in what format.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SR_Eyes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mguindon10 View Post
    Check out doubletwist. It's like itunes but way better....

Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

I picked up an app called MixZing (free media player app) that downloads album artwork. Artwork is also full size and fills up your screen. It only finds and downloads the artwork when on wifi unless you force it. I like it much better than the stock media player.

I have a 8 gig memory card full of music and videos. Can I just pull that memory card out of my blackberry 9700 and put in my Nexus One? Will I have problems with the Nexus rejecting the memory card? I am a new Nexus owner, the phone should arrive tomorrow and just trying to educate myself a little before it arrives.
    Any tips I would appreciate. This will be my first Android phone.
    :blackberry: >
    Thanks

@Vinny,
    I don't think Nexus One will reject memory card you're taking from BlackBerry. Android normally indexes music and video regardless of where it is located on the card.
    Still, for the safety sake, I would connect that memory card to a PC (using card reader) and make a copy of it, and maybe clean unnecessary stuff out of that card.

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    @Vinny,
    I don't think Nexus One will reject memory card you're taking from BlackBerry. Android normally indexes music and video regardless of where it is located on the card.
    Still, for the safety sake, I would connect that memory card to a PC (using card reader) and make a copy of it, and maybe clean unnecessary stuff out of that card.

Thanks for the imfo. One more day till arrival, received my tracking # and estimated delivery time. Looks like I ordered mine at the right time, according to T-Mobile news the Nexus One has stopped selling devices from the internet store. Heard a rumor that Nexus One might be coming to the T-Mobile collection of phones. A tech advisor told me this during a phone call yesterday from T-Mobile.

Here is what I do.

I connect the N1 using USB. Mount so that Windows can see the drive - use View files and the SD card will be mounted. Now drag and drop albums from your music directory to the Music folder on the SD card. When you unmount and disconnect, all your albums will be available to you.

HTH,
    Partha

Quote Originally Posted by haoshu View Post
    i think i know what im doing wrong. The files from my CD that i ripped into the computer and then i Synced to my Nexus are in Windows media file not in mp3 format. i think thats the reason it cant read the folder.
    hi i have been having the same problem..some of my music transfers fine but a lot hasnt. what format should the music be in and is there a simple way of converting all the music to that format?

Quote Originally Posted by GMorris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haoshu View Post
    i think i know what im doing wrong. The files from my CD that i ripped into the computer and then i Synced to my Nexus are in Windows media file not in mp3 format. i think thats the reason it cant read the folder.
    hi i have been having the same problem..some of my music transfers fine but a lot hasnt. what format should the music be in and is there a simple way of converting all the music to that format?
    Howdy GMorris! Nexus prefers mp3 files, so I'd recommend MediaMonkey to convert your existing file type (wma?) to mp3..choose a bitrate at least 192, preferably 256, to retain as much sonic info as possible. MM will convert a whole album of wma's in just a few minutes, and you can also fix tags and add album art from Amazon Music, etc. Almost anything you may want to do, MM has a way to do it. Need help, just ask!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links