Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player

This is a discussion on Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player within the Nexus One FAQ & How-To's forums, part of the Nexus One category; For the purpose of moving mp3's to my Nexus One, I'm using Windows 7 and WMP v11. It may or may not work with previous ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player

Twitter
    jaymcc820

Sync Music to Nexus One using Windows Media Player

For the purpose of moving mp3's to my Nexus One, I'm using Windows 7 and WMP v11. It may or may not work with previous versions, but this works for me; your mileage my vary :D

• Connect your Nexus One to the computer with the USB cable
    • USB Connected will appear in the Notifacation area, click that and then click Mount in the pop up.
    • Open Windows Media Player, and click the Sync Button in the top right of the window.
    • Your Nexus One should be listed there with a drive letter.
    • Start picking and choosing music from your library, and drag the highlighted songs to the sync list on the right. Note: Once you bring one song over, it will automatically start moving files. Control clicking each song you want to add, then drag them all over at once is an alternative.
    • Once you have your songs selected and in the sync list, click Sync in the top right corner.

This process automatically creates a Music folder at the root level of the SD card. Hopefully some of you find this useful, especially coming from using iTunes

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

hi, is it possible to sync wmlayer playlists?

okay i did exatly as you said. See it synced the music to my Phone. Both Albums and put them in 1 single folder.

Only problem is that i cant find it on my Phone Dispite the fact i can see it in the music folder when i connect the phone to the computer via usb.

idk what im doing wrong.

i think i know what im doing wrong. The files from my CD that i ripped into the computer and then i Synced to my Nexus are in Windows media file not in mp3 format. i think thats the reason it cant read the folder.

What about for mac users, will it sync with iTunes? :-)

Check out doubletwist. It's like itunes but way better....

Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

At least until recent times, doubleTwist worked incorrectly with non-ASII characters. Android itself works perfectly with Unicode, including Unicode in ID3 TAGs. I have a lot of Russian songs and naturally use Cyrillic in song names, albums, artist and other tags, as well as in folder/file names. It works fine on Windows and works fine on any Android phone, if you synchronize media manually. But doubleTwist produced garbage. When I asked about it on doubleTwist forum no one even bothered to answer.
    Also, I didn't find any flexibility, I didn't find a way to organize mp3 files in folder the way I want it. When I copy files manually, I just mimic Windows folder structure on my Nexus One.
    These deficiencies were a stop sign to me. I uninstalled doubleTwist.

Also, I second the question about ability to synchronize playlists. In my experience, I didn't find any way to do it. Android didn't recognize any format of playlist files I moved to a phone manually, neither synchronization with Windows Media Player / MediaMonkey / doubleTwist worked. Then I heard some opinions (from a creator of Meridian Pro Android media player) that Android uses its internal database for storing playlists and do not recognize playlist files. But some people told me it's wrong, and playlist could be synchronized....

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    At least until recent times, doubleTwist worked incorrectly with non-ASII characters. Android itself works perfectly with Unicode, including Unicode in mp3 TAGs. I have a lot of Russian songs and naturally use Cyrillic in song names, albums, artist and other tags, as well as in folder/file names. It works fine on Windows and works fine on any Android phone, if you synchronize media manually. But doubleTwist produced garbage. Also, I didn't find any flexibility, I didn't find a way to organize mp3 files in folder the way I want it. When I copy files manually, I just mimic Windows folder structure on my Nexus One.
    These deficiencies were a stop sign to me. I uninstalled doubleTwist.

Also, I second the question about ability to synchronize playlists. In my experience, I didn't find any way to do it. Android didn't recognize any format of playlist files I moved to a phone manually, neither synchronization with Windows Media Player / MediaMonkey / doubleTwist worked. Then I heard some opinions (from a creator of Meridian Pro Android media player) that Android uses its internal database for storing playlists and do not recognize playlist files. But some people told me it's wrong, and playlist could be synchronized....
    WRT MM, ensure you have the proper driver selected, per this post:
    MediaMonkey • View topic - Android support? When?

Thanks!
    I use MM for ID3 tags editing, on which it's quite convenient. Otherwise, I see MM as very complicated. That post which you mentioned demonstrates its perfectly by its mere length
    When you sync to Android phone using MediaMonkey as described, does it put all the mp3 files into the same Music folder? Having hundreds of mp3 files in tens of subfolders on my Windows machine, I'd like to keep them organized in the same folder structure on a phone.
    Really, except the need to sync playlists I don't see any need in using a special software, it always more complicated or less flexible than manual copying of files. But can we manually copy playlists?

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    Thanks!
    I use MM for ID3 tags editing, on which it's quite convenient. Otherwise, I see MM as very complicated. That post which you mentioned demonstrates its perfectly by its mere length
    When you sync to Android phone using MediaMonkey as described, does it put all the mp3 files into the same Music folder? Having hundreds of mp3 files in tens of subfolders on my Windows machine, I'd like to keep them organized in the same folder structure on a phone.
    Really, except the need to sync playlists I don't see any need in using a special software, it always more complicated or less flexible than manual copying of files. But can we manually copy playlists?
    Yes..MM is totally configurable, and there is a slight learning curve..the Help file is for once indispensible: Tools->Sync Device->Options allows you to set the parameters (incl. folders and structure, playlist options, sync manual/auto options,etc.). Once it's set, no more fiddling, unless you want to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads