Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

This is a discussion on Pocket Empire - Build your own empire! within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by cyberbillp The only way to progress in the game is to lure others in to play and earn gems. Much like Amway. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
    The only way to progress in the game is to lure others in to play and earn gems. Much like Amway.

He who wins isn't the best game player, it's the one who can goad the most players to join up.
    The true intentions of the developers. Luring players so they make more money :rofl3:
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a fun game, although it does take a long time as it is time based. If you join, use my code to start with 200 gems... 4g1x

The only way to progress in the game is to lure others in to play and earn gems. Much like Amway.

He who wins isn't the best game player, it's the one who can goad the most players to join up.
    this is why I chose not to get the game. I prefer games that can stand alone and play online if I choose, not need network all the time and be going all the time. I prefer to pass time on planes and traveling etc...
    I am gonna look into getting some type of RPG I think tho.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

good game

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post

this is why I chose not to get the game. I prefer games that can stand alone and play online if I choose, not need network all the time and be going all the time. I prefer to pass time on planes and traveling etc...
    I am gonna look into getting some type of RPG I think tho.

I found "Warpath" last night. it says in the description that it isn't complete yet, but so far it seems to work pretty well. I'll reserve the "whole hearted fanboy endorsement" until after I've played a couple games, but so far, it looks impressive. It's a 4X game (Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate), not rpg though....

Can you get this on droid?

It's available on all Android phones.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For ease of finding app (and silly search engine fail on the market)

This game is very similar to Travian. i like the interface of travian better. but this one has nice upgrades and its on the phone :D

I don't find this to be accurate. Unlike mobsters, m:mafia, m:zombies, m:dungeon quest, etc., gems don't really give players much of an advantage.

In Pocket Empires, players use gems to purchase temporary power-ups, which can boost attack/defense, production, etc. However, one can find the very same items simply by using spies and searching the terrain. Granted it takes a while for spies to locate something of value (e.g. hours), but no one is forced to spam/annoy/goad players to join in order to be successful.

There's a facebook game called Kingdoms of Camelot which fits your description perfectly. I tried it for a day and a half before discovering its true nature; the only way to expand in KoC is to get a second land deed, and the only way to get a second land deed is to recruit other facebook players.... yeah right.

What bugs me about this viral game (which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole) is that players feel the the need to SPAM the Android Market. Read a few User Feedback comments in the Market for any conceivable app and you will soon find a SPAM similar to Se7en has done above "Check out a great game calle Pocket Empire, If you join, use my code to start with 200 gems... 4g1x"

FFS stop spamming the Android Market Pocket Empire players.

At least appbrain filters the spam out and in the regular market you can mark said messages as spam. Just wish PE users would stop it though.

Even the OP of this thread is asking you to use his code. His real motive for the thread was undoubted to get referrals.

This thing is the POX.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links