Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

This is a discussion on Pocket Empire - Build your own empire! within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by logger What bugs me about this viral game (which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole) is that players feel the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    What bugs me about this viral game (which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole) is that players feel the the need to SPAM the Android Market. Read a few User Feedback comments in the Market for any conceivable app and you will soon find a SPAM similar to Se7en has done above "Check out a great game calle Pocket Empire, If you join, use my code to start with 200 gems... 4g1x"

FFS stop spamming the Android Market Pocket Empire players.

At least appbrain filters the spam out and in the regular market you can mark said messages as spam. Just wish PE users would stop it though.

Even the OP of this thread is asking you to use his code. His real motive for the thread was undoubted to get referrals.

This thing is the POX.

+1 on the spamming the market

I play this game also, but I think spaming other apps comments sections is disrespectful to the dev of that app and the people looking into said apps. I dont want to look for an app and the comments is flooded with your damn referral code to this damn game.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

What bugs me about this viral game (which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole) is that players feel the the need to SPAM the Android Market. Read a few User Feedback comments in the Market for any conceivable app and you will soon find a SPAM similar to Se7en has done above "Check out a great game calle Pocket Empire, If you join, use my code to start with 200 gems... 4g1x"

FFS stop spamming the Android Market Pocket Empire players.

At least appbrain filters the spam out and in the regular market you can mark said messages as spam. Just wish PE users would stop it though.

Even the OP of this thread is asking you to use his code. His real motive for the thread was undoubted to get referrals.

This thing is the POX.
    And what's worse is the development actually encouraged it. Just today however, they sent a message that as of May 1, any spam referrals reported will have their code banned from the game.

I added a couple of apps tonight...completely unrelated to gaming, and the comments for those apps were all about PE referrals. These weren't even game apps. I most certainly agree; THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

I just posted a request over at the Google Help forum

Android Market APP Feedback is full of pocket empires spam

Perhaps you guys could add a response over there too. More responses the more likely google might do something about it, I hope.

On afterthought - It is really the devs of Pocket Empires who should be fixing this.. But cant hurt to lobby via google.

I just posted a request over at the Google Help forum

Android Market APP Feedback is full of pocket empires spam

Perhaps you guys could add a response over there too. More responses the more likely google might do something about it, I hope.

On afterthought - It is really the devs of Pocket Empires who should be fixing this.. But cant hurt to lobby via google.
    No need. Pocket Play has already posted a message on their website. They've acknowledged that they're in danger of having their app removed due to spamming. From their site:
    The number of players joining the ranks is growing everyday and with all the new players we are better able to evaluate certain aspects of the game. One aspect that has been re-evaluated is the manner in which gems are obtained. Some players, so eager to earn additional gems took the initiative of referring the game in the comment section of other games and applications in the android market. While we certainly appreciate referrals of friends or by word-of-mouth we cannot support, or condone the idea of referring our game in the comment sections of other games and applications. As such, any player who does use another game’s comment section to publish their referral code, or promote PE will be banned from PE for 1 day. A second offense will be more severe. Please be aware that such spam may result in the banning of PE from the market.

[quote=SPARTAN VI;45392]
    No need. Pocket Play has already posted a message on their website.
    On the other hand - that info was posted by them two and a half weeks ago and no sign of the spam abating. So they are crying crocodile tears IMO.

The page says "last updated on: Apr.12, 2010"

[quote=logger;45393]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    No need. Pocket Play has already posted a message on their website.
    On the other hand - that info was posted by them two and a half weeks ago and no sign of the spam abating. So they are crying crocodile tears IMO.

The page says "last updated on: Apr.12, 2010"
    Strange, the message was posted in-game about 5 hours ago.

Hopefully they just forgot to update the last updated banner on their website then.

Also they should be saying something like. ...."any player who has used another game’s (OR ANY APPLICATION FOR THAT MATTER) comment section to publish their referral code MUST return to the market and remove or edit said comments or bla bla bla will happen."

Lets wait a few days and see if things improve.

Hopefully they just forgot to update the last updated banner on their website then.

Also they should be saying something like. ...."any player who has used another game’s (OR ANY APPLICATION FOR THAT MATTER) comment section to publish their referral code MUST return to the market and remove or edit said comments or bla bla bla will happen."

Lets wait a few days and see if things improve.
    Their forums have been bombarded with spam complaint threads. The actions of the staff both on their boards and in-game suggest they're sincerely trying to mitigate further PE spam.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    Their forums have been bombarded with spam complaint threads. The actions of the staff both on their boards and in-game suggest they're sincerely trying to mitigate further PE spam.
    Indeed - they are totally sincere about trying to mitigate a practice which they themselves have actively encouraged. And I own a bridge over the River Thames, are you interested in buying it?

As for those of you playing this; is this the kind of people whose business you want to support?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links