Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

This is a discussion on Pocket Empire - Build your own empire! within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by takin Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI Their forums have been bombarded with spam complaint threads. The actions of the staff both on ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pocket Empire - Build your own empire!

Quote Originally Posted by takin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    Their forums have been bombarded with spam complaint threads. The actions of the staff both on their boards and in-game suggest they're sincerely trying to mitigate further PE spam.
    Indeed - they are totally sincere about trying to mitigate a practice which they themselves have actively encouraged. And I own a bridge over the River Thames, are you interested in buying it?

As for those of you playing this; is this the kind of people whose business you want to support?
    I've already referenced their post encouraging spam; no one is denying it. Chris Gray and their staff have sent a clear message that they'll start handing out bans for spam.

Although I don't see them apologizing, if that's what you all are looking for.

[edit]Yep, they apologized in that same thread:

Hey everyone. Overdestined from Pocket Empires here. (Head of Customer Service)

Just want to clear up a few things.

First of all, yes that chat log was from Skype. When I put this up I intended for it to be a post on each thread, not spam. This was also after the spam had started.

I don't think everyone here realizes just how hard it is to get a community of 80,000+ active players (probably 5,000 of which do this) to completely stop.

Also, the developers didn't start this and it is ending soon as we just sent a system-wide message out.

The Skype log was a huge mistake and it wasn't mean to crank up the spam level, nor is this some super mastermind plot myself and the other staff members thought up.

So I would like to apologize about this, and also i'd like to inform you that this will be over (at least a majority of it) extremely soon.

If you play, please continue to enjoy our game. If you don't, give it a shot. You'll be surprised.

Thanks for understanding.
    -Overdestined

Fail

This thread should have been deleted. Its just more spam like that filling the market. What a terrible game concept that encourages spamming forums and market comments to advance. Nothing to do with Nexus One... Fail...

...and this bright spark ohioluke, even thought to SPAM my Google Support Forum post. Android Market APP Feedback is full of pocket empires spam Judging by his picture he need to spend less time playing PE and go for a run around the block. OhioLuke MySpace OhioLuke Twitter Not a good idea to leave your fingerprints all over the web if you intend to carry on like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by takin View Post
    ...Indeed - they are totally sincere about trying to mitigate a practice which they themselves have actively encouraged. And I own a bridge over the River Thames, are you interested in buying it?

As for those of you playing this; is this the kind of people whose business you want to support?
    Thanks Takin. Shows whats going on doesnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman View Post
    Nothing to do with Nexus One... Fail...
    Sorry mate but that it just total BS.

Pickup your Nexus One, go to the inbuilt Market application and read the review for ANY Free application. You will immediately find PE Spam everywhere. Anyone who has a Nexus One and uses the a market will see it.

As the Nexus one is googles premier phone and it is their "market" it is totally relevant to it.

Ok, it has become quite evident that this thread is going to turn into a perpetuation of the spam that afflicts the market related to this game.

I'm locking it down, and I'll close any others that might arise to replace it. This is spam, pure and simple, and bans will be issued for continuing to post it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links