Angry Birds update!

This is a discussion on Angry Birds update! within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; Angry Birds - Android app on AppBrain There's an update that just came out! Whole new section full of levels. Plus a new big red ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angry Birds update!

Angry Birds update!

Angry Birds - Android app on AppBrain

There's an update that just came out! Whole new section full of levels. Plus a new big red bird! Go go go!!! Update update update!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why is this a manual update?

I have no idea... But I've unlocked a couple golden eggs so far. I'm stuck on 11-1 right now... I feel I'm getting close though

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    There is a new permission on this update. I don't remember what it was. But I have a feeling that is why it is a manual update - they usually happen when there is a permission change.

The new update is annoying. They now placed the ads on the top right where it affects gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    The new update is annoying. They now placed the ads on the top right where it affects gameplay!
    It was already affecting gameplay. Quite often you couldn't see where some of the pigs were because of the ad. I expect top right would affect it less.

EDIT: My comment is completely wrong. They not only moved the position, they also made the ad stay around longer. Much much longer. Too long. Way too long. Adfree FTMFW !!
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I have not updated... due to all the above reasons cited... i.e Ads and Lags

the reason for this update from Rovio's POV is this

Angry Birds Unlocker not root - Android app on AppBrain

The main reason I rooted my phone was to get rid of ads.

AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain

The program works great! It downloads a list of know ad servers and puts it in your hosts file with the address of 127.0.0.1, because there's no place like home. So I've never seen any ads in Angry Birds with this.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    There is a new permission on this update. I don't remember what it was. But I have a feeling that is why it is a manual update - they usually happen when there is a permission change.
    Ok, I guess I should have worded it differently. I understand that manual updates are due to permission changes.

Why the permissions changes?

Now I understand it has to do with ads.

Soooo many applications are now being left un-updated on my phone for this very reason. I don't want every application using my GPS location, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Ok, I guess I should have worded it differently. I understand that manual updates are due to permission changes.

Why the permissions changes?

Now I understand it has to do with ads.

Soooo many applications are now being left un-updated on my phone for this very reason. I don't want every application using my GPS location, thank you very much.
    WOW! Thanks Beer Goggles, I never put the two together (ads and GPS location). I have my GPS turned on just in case the boss wanted to see where I was during the day and never gave it much thought...
    Thanks to your posting I have a different take on it...now it is in my head that every app I use that has ads, they know my GPS location. Yikes, kinda creepy isn't it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links