Best Nexus One Games? Android Games?

This is a discussion on Best Nexus One Games? Android Games? within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by T5Dave Originally Posted by dd4005 Originally Posted by T5Dave Toss It... I mean really, how simple can a game get, yet how ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Nexus One Games? Android Games?

Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    Toss It... I mean really, how simple can a game get, yet how much of a time-sink can a game be!

I love it!
    Great thread, I've installed just about all of them and I'm about to try. This one (Toss it) made me stop though. I'm about to install the preview version and I see that it wants access to my location (why?), it wants full network access (why? it's a game about tossing something into a paper bin), and it wants full access to my phone calls (phone state and identity). What on earth am I giving a game about tossing something into a paper bin access to all that for ? I skipped this one even though the game itself looks and sounds good.
    The free one wants network access and coarse location access because it serves ads, which will probably be targeted to your location rather than give you ads pertaining to a different country, it also has an online high-score table, so will require network access to that too.

Not sure on phone state, but I know you can put your own name in the high score table so that might have something to do with it, so as not to masquerade as someone else by using a unique phone identifier?

You should just email the dev, sure they will tell you the reasons why, but I've got no concerns about it. I've bought the full version and it seems perfectly legit to me
    Sounds reasonable when you put it like that

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Sounds reasonable when you put it like that
    I will be the first to admit that some of the alerts that the market gives you do seem a bit alarming, the worst one I've seen so far is "Services that cost you money" but with an open mind some of them seem to make sense.

I will admit I had a bit of a shock with regard to TuneWiki tonight, not only does it access location data for adverts, it plots you on its map with the tune you are listening to. That imo is a bit much, and I'm seriously considering uninstalling it because of that feature. At least in Trapster you can turn the patrol trail off, you can't turn the TuneWiki mapping feature off

Addicted to Air Control. I didn't think I would be - I'm not interested in planes or air traffic at all, but it's very cute.

Does anyone know of a web-flash version I can play on my computer ? It seems like it might be a port of an existing game.

I've become a huge fan of Robo Defense, Air Control, ExZeus, and Replica Island. I might actually buy the paid version of Robo Defense.

I've been addicted to Robo Defense for a while now... -_-

robo defense is cool. To REALLY challenge yourself go into the 'acheivements' section and try each round to acheive something. I got to the 98th pass of enemies with no slow machines and like 20 jets came overhead and I lost, lol

if you like Robo Defense try out Tower Raiders free. It is similar but quite a bit different to be a different game and the weapons are different so I switch back and forth
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Very few games manage to stay on my phone any longer than a week. In order of most frequently played to least:

• Pocket Empires
    • Armored Strike
    • Frozen Bubble
    • Solitaire
    • Furdiburb
    • DOOM
    • Tilt Mazes

Zenonia! This game made me stay up most of the night just finish a quest, a dungeon or just to level up. I love RPG games.

Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    Zenonia! This game made me stay up most of the night just finish a quest, a dungeon or just to level up. I love RPG games.
    I just got Zenonia the other day. I'm completely addicted to my paladin. Also, Pocket Gamer has a good guide to Android games. I found some cool stuff there like The War, Homerun Battle 3D (i swear this is actually fun), PapaStack, Buka, and Military Madness.

guys..u all know where to get this Nova game for our N1? Android: Nova running on Samsung Galaxy S – Gameplay

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links