Best Nexus One Games? Android Games?

This is a discussion on Best Nexus One Games? Android Games? within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm playing Canabalt in my browser on it's homepage. I was super addicted to it when I had my iPhone 3G and I was sad ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Best Nexus One Games? Android Games?

  1. #41
    Junior Member TheKoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    I'm playing Canabalt in my browser on it's homepage. I was super addicted to it when I had my iPhone 3G and I was sad it wasn't ported for Android. BUT thanks to the awesomeness of Flash Player, I can play it in browser!

    Oh and I'm playing a lot of SNESoid too.

  2. #42
    Senior Member dd4005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoop View Post
    I'm playing a lot of SNESoid too.
    How are you controlling the game characters without arrow keys ? Using the trackball? I've seen people do it via bluetooth with a Wiimote, but personally if I'm at home with my Wii, I'd rather play games on that. Out on the move, you're pretty much stuck with the phone's controls. So how is it ? I like the idea of SNESoid but the practicality of it sounds poor.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

  3. #43
    Junior Member TheKoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    It works REALLY well. There are a few issues and benefits which I'll list:

    1. Since the screen is only 2 point touch, you can't really do most fighter games / action games. For example, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Megaman X suffer a lot from control issues.

    2. RPG's like super mario RPG, Final Fantasy, and Crono Trigger work AWESOMELY. Since they aren't as active and you can use trackball and onscreen buttons to make things work really nicely.

    3. You can hook up a bluetooth keyboard to the N1, did you know that? I'm pretty sure that you can use that to play the emulators too. So that would solve the issues completely. I'm going to try it out soon, I'll report when I find out how it works.

  4. #44
    Senior Member dd4005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoop View Post
    It works REALLY well. There are a few issues and benefits which I'll list:

    1. Since the screen is only 2 point touch, you can't really do most fighter games / action games. For example, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Megaman X suffer a lot from control issues.

    2. RPG's like super mario RPG, Final Fantasy, and Crono Trigger work AWESOMELY. Since they aren't as active and you can use trackball and onscreen buttons to make things work really nicely.

    3. You can hook up a bluetooth keyboard to the N1, did you know that? I'm pretty sure that you can use that to play the emulators too. So that would solve the issues completely. I'm going to try it out soon, I'll report when I find out how it works.
    Thanks for that info. I have a little pocket bluetooth querty keyboard (that's smaller than the phone) which would work pretty well. Think I'll give SNESoid a try. Where do you get the actual games from though ?

    I'd quite like to get my DS games working on here too. I've already got all of them in a downloadable form - shame there's no DS emulator.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

  5. #45
    Junior Member TheKoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Yeah. I hear that a DS emulator is in the pipe. But a Good site for ROMS is DGEmu.com :: NDS ROMs, GBA ROMs, N64 ROMs, SNES, NES, GameGear, Atari and more..
    You need to sign up for an account and you have limited downloads per day, but it is worth it. All are virus free and work 100% of the time. The account is also free.

    Where did you get a pocket keyboard like that? I've got one but its HUGE.

    I dunno about you, but I'm having a very difficult time finding well made and polished Android games. I love Radiant and Buka which are made by the.same dev. But where are all the other ones? I really miss games like Canabalt and Hook Champ from the iPhone.

    -Sent from my Nexus One

  6. #46
    Senior Member dd4005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoop View Post
    Yeah. I hear that a DS emulator is in the pipe. But a Good site for ROMS is DGEmu.com :: NDS ROMs, GBA ROMs, N64 ROMs, SNES, NES, GameGear, Atari and more..
    You need to sign up for an account and you have limited downloads per day, but it is worth it. All are virus free and work 100% of the time. The account is also free.

    Where did you get a pocket keyboard like that? I've got one but its HUGE.

    I dunno about you, but I'm having a very difficult time finding well made and polished Android games. I love Radiant and Buka which are made by the.same dev. But where are all the other ones? I really miss games like Canabalt and Hook Champ from the iPhone.

    -Sent from my Nexus One
    Thanks for those game links, cool stuff.

    I don't look much for games really. I work at home (where I have a DS and a Wii) and when out and about I'm either walking, riding or driving so there's rarely a chance for playing games except at home and there are better options there These are the only games I've got on my N1 for now:



    Here is the keyboard I have. It's a "freedom mini keyboard".



    I bought it a few years back when I had a Nokia N95 and it wouldn't work with that. I get a step further with my Nexus One - now it will pair but it won't connect. I googled and it seems I'm not the only one having trouble using BT keyboards with Android.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

  7. #47
    Junior Member TheKoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Well I can't wait to get a keyboard and try it out.

    I'm gonna list all of the games that I have, all of these are sufficiently well made and snappy enough to call them real games. Is anyone else as frustrated at Android games as I am? There are SO few good games, most are just poorly made puzzle games. Appbrain SORT of makes finding things easier, but I really miss all the high quality games on the iPhone.

    - Buka
    Buka - Android app on AppBrain

    - Foursquare
    Foursquare

    - GameBoid
    GameBoid (GBA Emulator) - Android app on AppBrain

    - GBCoid
    GBCoid (GBC emulator) - Android app on AppBrain

    - Gensoid
    Gensoid (SEGA Genesis Emu) - Android app on AppBrain

    - Paper Toss
    Paper Toss - Android app on AppBrain

    - Radiant
    Radiant - Android app on AppBrain

    - Retro Defense
    Retro Defense - Android app on AppBrain

    - SNESoid
    SNesoid (SNES Emulator) - Android app on AppBrain

    - Solo (not really a game but still super fun)
    Solo - Android app on AppBrain

    - Totemo
    Totemo - Android app on AppBrain

  8. #48
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Has anyone tried Crusade of Destiny, full scale RPG game.


    Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  9. #49
    Junior Member TheKoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    @rugmankc I haven't tried it, but it doesn't look that good. Unless the dev's made a nice and responsive interface (which I doubt) I probably won't like it.

    EDIT: Here's a link for everyone else
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.dvid...usadeofdestiny

  10. #50
    Junior Member nzalstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Has anyone tried Crusade of Destiny, full scale RPG game.
    Ken
    I have this game, definitely not as good as a Xbox 360 or PC etc... RPG. But it's good for what it is... I rate it anyway.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

action games for nexus one
,
best android games for nexus one
,
best games for nexus
,

best games for nexus 1

,

best games for nexus one

,

best nexus one games

,
free games for nexus one
,
games for nexus one
,

games for nexuse one

,
nexus one best games
,
nexus one for games
,

nexus one games

,
top nexus one games
,

what is the best action game for nexus one

,
www.games in android.net
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum