Best Emulator for N1

This is a discussion on Best Emulator for N1 within the Nexus One Games forums, part of the Nexus One category; noob here coming from an unlocked g900 SE to a N1. Loving the phone and was looking for a good emulator for new systems. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Emulator for N1

Best Emulator for N1

noob here coming from an unlocked g900 SE to a N1. Loving the phone and was looking for a good emulator for new systems. The best one seems to be the CPS2 emulator. I have SNesoid and Gensoid with a bunch of roms but the games are rather old. The selection in CPS2 seems more up to date and I love fighting games to looking towards it. Anyone have it?? or perhaps another recommendation?? Lovin my N1!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

how do you get the ROMs to work? i downloaded the Nesoid, SNesoid and Gensoid apps from the market but they dont work. do i need to be rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    how do you get the ROMs to work? i downloaded the Nesoid, SNesoid and Gensoid apps from the market but they dont work. do i need to be rooted?
    I too would like to know this

Quote Originally Posted by Hays View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    I too would like to know this
    You will need to find reliable 'roms' on the web (then install it in your SDcard) in order for Gensoid, SNesoid & Nesoid to work.

Doperoms.com

They have all the roms you could want for all the systems. Download them to your computer, then unzip the file. Once the file is unzipped, connect your N1 to the computer. Mount the sd card, create a folder for your games, then drag and drop the unzipped roms to the new folder on your N1. Now on your N1 when you open up Snesoid or any other emulator, choose the folder you just created with the roms in it. Then choose which rom you want to play. Done. You'll be playing Super Mario Bros 3 on NES, Sonic and Knuckles 3 on Genesis, and any other game your heart desire. Like I said, Doperoms.com has ALL the roms you'll ever want and need.

I have the snesoid and nesoid and they work great. I download my roms from CoolRom. in snesoid there's an option in settings for "enable transparency". that fixed a graphic glitch i was having in zelda a link to the past.

so far all the roms from coolrom work great!

anyone know of a good control method?
    I can't even figure out where the L and R key has gone for SNESoid.
    on screen keys just don't cut it for old school SNES action.
    I've done some googling and it looks like BT gamepad support is in alpha stages (need rooted nexus, tons of fiddling required). But I'd settle for USB gamepad.

Its a crying shame as the emu itself seems to run flawlessly, just need control method... can't believe nobody has made a good joypad dock yet (MSI BGP-100 BT comes close but no driver yet for android)

I find emuparadise.org is one the best ROM sites.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute000 View Post
    anyone know of a good control method?
    I can't even figure out where the L and R key has gone for SNESoid.
    on screen keys just don't cut it for old school SNES action.
    I've done some googling and it looks like BT gamepad support is in alpha stages (need rooted nexus, tons of fiddling required). But I'd settle for USB gamepad.

Its a crying shame as the emu itself seems to run flawlessly, just need control method... can't believe nobody has made a good joypad dock yet (MSI BGP-100 BT comes close but no driver yet for android)
    Make sure you have the newest version of SNESoid installed. The newest one has transparent buttons and L/R are on the top corners of the screen. I find Super Punchout is the only game really worth playing without a controller on the phone because the controls aren't too demanding. The onscreen controls are just too packed together for platformers for anyone with large hands. It would be awesome if an app came out so we could use 360/PS3 controllers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links