Android App Marketplace continues to grow

This is a discussion on Android App Marketplace continues to grow within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Bishop6 Originally Posted by ra990 What a weird chart...the last bar on it should have been March. After April is over, people ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android App Marketplace continues to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    What a weird chart...the last bar on it should have been March. After April is over, people will be looking at it and wondering why the number of apps dropped so steeply in April and if the downward trend is continuing.
    April's bar chart, just show figures as of 'April 8, 2010'.

By April 30th, that will be reflected.
    I understand that...but I'm talking about people looking at this thread in the future. I mean the chart is showing a nice upward trend, but IN THE FUTURE, the last bar may not make much sense to people NOT realizing that it was published in the beginning of April. I doubt it will be updated at the end of April to show the growing trend continue. I'm just OCD, so it stuck out to me. It would help if the title of the chart made it clear that it was as of April 8th.

I see it as freedom from Apple restrictions, but also the fact that when an app market is small, it means greater exposure and less competition...your new app in Andriod has a much greater exposure and up$ide potential if it can be found...rather than lost in a sea of 1000's upon 1000's of 'worthless' apps. It won't be long before Android itself suffers from the bloat that exists in Apple apps. market.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I see it as freedom from Apple restrictions, but also the fact that when an app market is small, it means greater exposure and less competition...your new app in Andriod has a much greater exposure and up$ide potential if it can be found...rather than lost in a sea of 1000's upon 1000's of 'worthless' apps. It won't be long before Android itself suffers from the bloat that exists in Apple apps. market.
    True..but as a consumer, that is an advantage. I personally am not concerned with developers making money rather having options for apps to download and use on my N1. While it is great right now since it should be attractive to developers, down the line it would be nice to have a wide variety of options.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Android has really been maturing and growing at an amazing rate since it was first released. I'm excited to see what the future holds for Android software AND hardware. More and more phones are being released with Android software and that just goes to show the confidence these manufacturers have in the OS.

Anyways I'm still really knew to Android and I spend alot of time poking through the market. The more the marry'r! To a certain extent anyways.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links