Google Nexus One Launches on Vodafone UK

This is a discussion on Google Nexus One Launches on Vodafone UK within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Vodafone has announced the carrier will begin offering Google's Nexus One for free on two year contracts costing 35 or roughly ($54 USD) or more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Google Nexus One Launches on Vodafone UK

  1. #1
    dandroid
    Guest dandroid's Avatar

    Google Nexus One Launches on Vodafone UK


    Vodafone has announced the carrier will begin offering Google's Nexus One for free on two year contracts costing 35 or roughly ($54 USD) or more per month. Could this be a sign of future pricing for us here in the US? Check out the full press release below:

    GOOGLE NEXUS ONE LAUNCHES ON VODAFONE UK

    Nexus One™ available to Vodafone customers in the UK on April 30
    Pre-order from today on the UK's best network
    Great value - free on 35 price plan
    Available through Vodafone retail, online and telesales

    From today, Vodafone UK customers can order the Nexus One, the new superphone from Google™, at vodafone.co.uk/nexusone.

    Vodafone is the first European mobile operator to offer Nexus One. Customers who pre-order online will be the first to get a Nexus One for free on a 35 monthly price plan (24 month), on April 30. The Nexus One will also be available via Vodafone stores and telesales, with Vodafone providing direct support to customers with the superphone when they need it.

    Nexus One will be available on a range of great value Vodafone price plans, on both 18 and 24 month contracts. Price plans start from 25 a month on a 24 month contract.

    Vodafone UK customers with the Nexus One can use up to 1GB of mobile data as part of their price plan as well as take advantage of unlimited access to Wi-Fi in the home and free, publicly available services throughout the country. Customers using Wi-Fi can also use an additional 1GB of data at premium BT Openzone hotspots throughout the UK.

    Nexus One features the latest in Google innovation including Google Maps™ Navigation (Beta), which offers satnav-style turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output and Street View. Also included are other favourites like Google Mail, YouTube and access to Android Market™ with more than 40,000 applications.

    Google Maps Navigation is an Internet-connected GPS navigation system that provides turn-by-turn voice guidance as a free feature of Google Maps for Android™. Key features include Google Search and Search by voice to find your destination, the most recent maps, businesses and live traffic from Google Maps, and street and satellite views.

    Vodafone UK customers now have a wide choice of Android phones, truly establishing Vodafone as the home of the Smartphone.

    Nexus One Hardware Features

    * Display: 3.7" AMOLED 480x800 WVGA display
    * Thinness: 11.5mm; Weight: 130g
    * Processor/Speed: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1GHz
    * Camera: 5 megapixel auto focus with flash and geo tagging
    * Onboard memory: 512MB Flash, 512MB RAM
    * Expandable memory: 4GB removable SD Card (expandable to 32GB)
    * Noise Suppression: Dynamic noise suppression from Audience, Inc.
    * Ports: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with four contacts for inline voice and remote control
    * Battery: Removable 1400 mAh
    * Personalized laser engraving: Up to 50 characters on the back of the phone
    * Trackball: Tri-colour notification LED, alerts when new emails, chats, text messages arrive


    [Source: www.Engadget]

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Member SENTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46
    I signed up for this im sat here its 11 pm and in the morning ill have my nexus one and be one of the first people in the UK to have the n1. well the UK version anyway ...

  4. #3
    cxm
    cxm is offline
    Senior Member cxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTY View Post
    I signed up for this im sat here its 11 pm and in the morning ill have my nexus one and be one of the first people in the UK to have the n1. well the UK version anyway ...
    I'm not sure there really is a "uk version" as such - maybe a bit of vodafone junk added, but should be the same as the phone that has been available to uk customers since early Jan. The big difference is just being able to get it on a UK price plan.

  5. #4
    Member DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    85
    No there is not much difference. Vodafone have put some of their stuff on it but easy to get rid of.

    Interestingly this is more expensive than the desire on Vodafone which can be had for 30 per month

  6. #5
    Member SENTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46
    It came with no vodaphone stuff at all just the standards google boxed product and a seperate sim just bunged in the bag. And a EU conformity certificate with loads of bunf about ad-hearing to EU frequency regulations
    the only interesting bit is i have firmware EPF21B which the only difference ive noticed so far are wifi channels 12 and 13 and the standard keyboard is great ... if i find any more ill post here.. gotta also add vodafone UK does FUll HSDPA @ 7.2 mb/s and its blisteringly quick

  7. #6
    cxm
    cxm is offline
    Senior Member cxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTY View Post
    It came with no vodaphone stuff at all just the standards google boxed product and a seperate sim just bunged in the bag. And a EU conformity certificate with loads of bunf about ad-hearing to EU frequency regulations
    the only interesting bit is i have firmware EPF21B which the only difference ive noticed so far are wifi channels 12 and 13 and the standard keyboard is great ... if i find any more ill post here.. gotta also add vodafone UK does FUll HSDPA @ 7.2 mb/s and its blisteringly quick
    The channels thing is a bit strange - when I first got the phone from US there was a "regulatory domain" setting in the advanced wireless settings that allowed you to turn on the other channels - but since the update, that option disappeared. Not sure how many channels it uses now, but hasn't caused me an issue so far... I'm also on vodafone uk and the HSDPA speed is a god-send - especially when you are using google maps / navigation

  8. #7
    Member vineetpatel_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30
    I ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived Friday morning.

    Happy to see it came with a 16gb micro sd (as well as a 4gb in the phone).
    No Vodfone stuff on the G1 either.

    Been playing with it all weekend and the G1 knocks socks off the iPhone (which my wife has). I've compared them both (on my internal wifi) on speed and the G1 comes out on top everytime.

  9. #8
    Member T5Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    49
    I still don't see the point in paying at least 840 for the phone, as opposed to 360 (410 with VAT) or so importing it.

    Maybe I'm just blinkered because I imported mine, but this almost industry-standard 24 month contract lark takes the mick. I was collared into it when I bought my Touch Pro as it was "brand new and cutting edge" but it was crap-a-doodle-wanky, that was why I bought my N1 because I couldn't face giving Vodafone any more money for a so-called "subsidised" handset... it's not subsidised - it's leased, it's a finance agreement of sorts!!!

    Maybe i'm bitter at the exclusivity angle disappearing lol!!!

  10. #9
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by vineetpatel View Post
    I ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived Friday morning.

    Happy to see it came with a 16gb micro sd (as well as a 4gb in the phone).
    No Vodfone stuff on the G1 either.

    Been playing with it all weekend and the G1 knocks socks off the iPhone (which my wife has). I've compared them both (on my internal wifi) on speed and the G1 comes out on top everytime.
    did they give you the wrong phone lol

  11. #10
    Member vineetpatel_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vineetpatel View Post
    I ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived Friday morning.

    Happy to see it came with a 16gb micro sd (as well as a 4gb in the phone).
    No Vodfone stuff on the G1 either.

    Been playing with it all weekend and the G1 knocks socks off the iPhone (which my wife has). I've compared them both (on my internal wifi) on speed and the G1 comes out on top everytime.
    did they give you the wrong phone lol
    Apologies for G1 read N1 (old age getting the better of me!).

    I still can't fault the phone...it's great so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Overheating...
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 12:31 AM

Search tags for this page

eu conformity nexus one

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum