Froyo to include tethering and hotspot

This is a discussion on Froyo to include tethering and hotspot within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Android 2.2 'Froyo' to include USB tethering, WiFi hotspot functionality -- Engadget Mobile Software Android 2.2 'Froyo' to include USB tethering, WiFi hotspot functionality By ...

Thread: Froyo to include tethering and hotspot

Froyo to include tethering and hotspot

Android 2.2 'Froyo' to include USB tethering, WiFi hotspot functionality -- Engadget

Mobile Software
    Android 2.2 'Froyo' to include USB tethering, WiFi hotspot functionality

By Vladislav Savov posted May 13th 2010 5:04AM
    Breaking News

And the good Froyo news just keep flowing in. TechCrunch have flexed their exclusive muscle this morning in revealing their discovery that Android 2.2 will come with built-in tethering and WiFi hotspot support. That means you'll be able to use your phone's 3G internet connection to hook your laptop up to the worldwide webosphere, with a choice of wired or wireless methods. Of course, this dreamy scenario will be subject to the big bad network operators permitting -- or at least not forbidding -- you to do such awesome things with your hardware, but at least we know the goods are being baked into this forthcoming release from Google. Frozen yogurt for all!

This, folks, is AWESOME news! Froyo just keeps getting better!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, but will email work?

I'm all for this stuff. Tethering especially.

But we haven't heard much about FroYo and some really basic stuff like

- whether Email/email notification will work reliably and be able to forward attachments?
    - whether real BT handsfree will be enabled? (Oh, and voice dialer improved so that it actually recognizes much of anything correctly?) I have occasion for using that daily. Tethering? Nice to have but not needed daily.
    - whether Contacts will support, say, Groups (set/filter) and sort by last name?
    - whether WiFi stability will improve?

Oh, and the peerformance of my N1 (:nexusx:!) as a GSM and 3G device (actually connecting and staying connected) is still a great disappointment compared to the Moto v3xx it replaced. It's a great "smart" but not such a hot "phone".

I am patiently ... no anxiously waiting for Froyo to be released...

I can't take this anymore! So many good things to wait for. Its like waiting for my Nexus One to arrive in the mail again.. LOL
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i cant see the point in tethering,if i'm in a wifi spot i can use laptop and if i'm not i use my n1,maybe i just don't understand it as i'm not very techy minded :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    i cant see the point in tethering,if i'm in a wifi spot i can use laptop and if i'm not i use my n1,maybe i just don't understand it as i'm not very techy minded :confused:
    It's awesome when you go on road trips with your buddies. When you aren't the driver you can tether your phone and surf the net or update whatever pages you want to pass the time. But when you don't have 3G it's pretty slow and most of the time you give up...

How to upgrade to android 2.2

hi there,
    i brought nexus one recently from US, using in India, unlocked version.
    how do we upgrade to Android 2.2?
    is there any h/w limitation on nexus one HTC mobile for advanced features of 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by haribond View Post
    The software update will come to your phone Over The Air when it's released. You do not need to do anything.

thank you, would eagerly wait for 2.2

Thank you very much for quick reply.
    desperate for Android updates

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haribond View Post
    The software update will come to your phone Over The Air when it's released. You do not need to do anything.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links