Google shutting down online Nexus One store

This is a discussion on Google shutting down online Nexus One store within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; My new N1 should be delivered today and I ordered from the web store on Monday in late afternoon. They processed the order and I ...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Google shutting down online Nexus One store

My new N1 should be delivered today and I ordered from the web store on Monday in late afternoon. They processed the order and I received notice before 10:00 am yesterday that my order had shipped via FedEx and is out for delivery this morning. I can't wait. So long to my tired iPhone 3G and hello to the new and what I hope to be the best.

Wonder if Googles sales will be up this month because people may have the misconception that they wont have a chance at getting the N1 any longer? Even if that was true, there would be no way Google would do something like that on purpose haha. Imagine if it was all planned/predicted from the beginning. The only tactic I could think of that would flow with that just does not fit the awesome image of what type of company I see Google as. Anyway...

In Canada, phones suck. Well, not that they suck, just that they are not the latest and greatest. What carriers offer leave much to be desired. My contract ends September, and I was thinking of buying an N1, but now it may be a good idea to wait. If there is even a slight chance I could renew my contract for an N1, I might do it. Hell I would even go with Wind even though its got an averaged 3/10 on most reviews.

To be honest I pondered this as well, and in my case it worked. It prompted me to buy one now (unlocked) while I still can. I live in Canada as well, Alberta. I have serious doubts we'll see the N1 on any of the carriers here.

did you have to buy a data plan? And how much did it cost with tax and shipping? I'm in Calgary so I'm curious if its cheaper than Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Immyftw View Post
    did you have to buy a data plan? And how much did it cost with tax and shipping? I'm in Calgary so I'm curious if its cheaper than Ontario.
    It will be cheaper because there's no PST in Alberta. You don't have to buy a data plan... but it's like buying a tent trailer without having a tow hitch on your vehicle - you will only have limited use when you're at home, assuming you have a wireless router (or near public wifi).

I'm in Calgary too. Check out the thread I started here http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/b...ted-telus.html

I added a dataplan to my account with Telus for an extra $25/Mo. Which gives me 500MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Immyftw View Post
    I purchased from the store because I didn't want to wait and I didn't want to be tied to a specific carrier any more. When my phone arrived, I charged it up for about three hours and moved my sim card from my iPhone to the N1 and powered it up. After I entered my gmail address, everything just synced and is working great! I didn't have to call AT&T for anything. It's working really well.

I have read that it may be possible to discount my data package by calling AT&T and asking about reduced rates since I'm not using one of their devices but I haven't tried that.

I have installed a 16mb sd card and have loaded about 6mb of music on my new phone and so far so good. I haven't been able to find a music/sync interface that I like as much as iTunes but that's another story. I am on my way over to the store to look at Salling Media Sync.

Tell me how it goes if you ask for reduced rates. Aso, doesn't windows media player sync to your sd?

I'm not planning on asking about reduced rates. I am skeptical of this opportunity and I don't want to upset the current arrangement just in case some of the rumors of rate adjustments are correct. One of my motivations in purchasing now rather than waiting was that I am current on an unlimited data plan and AT&T has announced plans to implement a new rate plan that may limit data access to new subscribers, so I wanted to get in on my existing plan before any changes may take place in hopes of locking things down as a pre-existing plan. My theory may all be foolish but I have a new cool phone anyway.

Oh, I'm on a mac so I'm not using a windows media player.

I thought that they could detect major data usage and connect the dots that your using a smartphone. My phone on bell is not considered a smartphone so they let me have unlimited data for ten bucks .Interesting. .. I may be able to do what your doing just by swapping a sim...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links