Google shutting down online Nexus One store

This is a discussion on Google shutting down online Nexus One store within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yes, that is what I have read, so I don't want to mess with the formula. I want to remain unassuming and under the radar ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Google shutting down online Nexus One store

Yes, that is what I have read, so I don't want to mess with the formula. I want to remain unassuming and under the radar of any subsequent data rate changes. From what I've read, they are about to implement a tiered scale that will charge more for more data usage and I am on the unlimited plan now and want to remain at the current charge so I don't have to worry about how much I use my phone for internet stuff.

There are quite a few N1 users that have the plan you mention and are just fine, for now.

The new data rates are for new plans. Existing plans remain unchanged (even when you add or remove services).

Plus, you will not remain "under the radar". I think that it's almost funny that people think that AT&T (or any other provider for that matter), does not know what you have connected to their network. In the digital age, everything is knowable to them.

Your phone must give a great deal of information to their network just to get connected (this includes your IMEI, etc.). If they see that you're using 2 or 3 GB a month, they know what's going on. If you only use 200MB a month, consistently, then maybe you will remain "under the radar".

I use about a gig or so on my phone with the unlimited plan. They just throw you on the slow network.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    The new data rates are for new plans. Existing plans remain unchanged (even when you add or remove services).

Plus, you will not remain "under the radar". I think that it's almost funny that people think that AT&T (or any other provider for that matter), does not know what you have connected to their network. In the digital age, everything is knowable to them.

Your phone must give a great deal of information to their network just to get connected (this includes your IMEI, etc.). If they see that you're using 2 or 3 GB a month, they know what's going on. If you only use 200MB a month, consistently, then maybe you will remain "under the radar".
    I don't refer to the usage radar or the amount of bandwidth that I'm using, but rather that I am on a unlimited plan and will most likely remain so for as long as possible. It would be my estimation that when service providers get ready to set scaled pricing, they will first look at new subscribers, and then those that are on a limited plan, lastly-long time customers that have unlimited contract terms. Hopefully, I can avoid any price increases whether flying solo or tethered.

This is all most likely my little head game with myself, but it was enough justification to make the initial purchase so...

I am currently with Robbers until Wind comes to my area. I have the $50 plan with 1GB data. I got my N1 shipped to Fort Erie, ON. It was $632 Canadian with shipping and an extra battery. DHL charged $84 for taxes

I just ordered my Nexus one Today. Will receive it on tuesday June 28th. i'm excited. The order process went flawlessly. Received an e-mail saying that it has been shipped. Does anyone know if they're shipping the new phones with 2.2 pre-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhotiram View Post
    I just ordered my Nexus one Today. Will receive it on tuesday June 28th. i'm excited. The order process went flawlessly. Received an e-mail saying that it has been shipped. Does anyone know if they're shipping the new phones with 2.2 pre-installed.
    I would highly doubt it.

Hi, yesterday I've lost (or someone stole) my N1

as the n1 store is closed, do you know where i can get a new one?? i live in argentina, so the web page says: web page not available

thnx in advance

The site is still up here in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
    This is good ONLY if:
    They can find partners (tmobile, at&t, best buy, etc.) that are willing to sell the N1 in their stores.

I surely hope this does not mean the beginning of the end for the N1 (I doubt it is) because I love what this phone can do. I also hope that they will continue to develop great apps and softwares for this phone.
    This can't be the end for N1,because it just get Froyo, that is awsome, and also I think will get ginger bread.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links