Google shutting down online Nexus One store

This is a discussion on Google shutting down online Nexus One store within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; AHHH!!!!!! should i wait or get my old one back??!!!!!...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Google shutting down online Nexus One store

AHHH!!!!!! should i wait or get my old one back??!!!!!

I'm thrilled, since it means I'll be able to get a new Nexus for the wife at some sort of discount. It would be nice if they indeed marketed to Walmart and a few other discount stores, but this opens up the Nexus to competitive pricing, which is the ONLY thing I found wrong with Google's Online Shop approach, with which I had great experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalow44 View Post
    At the N1 launch in January we were all full of enthusiasm about what promised to be a new era in personal communications and computing from Google. It wasn't just another Android phone - it was a Google phone!

But in the interim, Google has failed to address major customer complaints and failed to deliver acceptable devices to Verizon and Sprint. And who would have believed in January that four months later Google would be closing the store?

And who will be selling the flawed N1, given that the current competition is the HTC Incredible and given that the Evo 4G and iPhone 4G are looming on the horizon? It takes planning, investment and commitment to support a product. Google has failed to deliver - what provider would be foolish enough to pick up the pieces?

The "sky" may not be falling, but it has definitely gotten pretty dark in here.
    David, your "arguments" are silly. "Acceptable devices" .... acceptable to whom? The US carriers don't really like to give their customers real choices. They prefer to have prisoners. The reason that Verizon and Sprint are not deploying the Nexus One is not because it's not a capable device, it's because the want to have their OWN android phone that they can control.

I'm one of what I believe is a majority of Nexus One owners that is trilled with the device and am very glad that I got it. It will continue to work and give me what I like long after Google quits selling it online.

Maybe you should also describe, in some detail, the "pieces" that you feel need to be "picked up". I have to admit that I had no clue what the heck you're talking about here. I'd also be interested to know what "Google has failed to deliver". They delivered a fantastic phone/computer to me and tons of others.

And, of course, you have to try and close with some cute and oh so quotable one-liner. But you fail again to make any sense.

One thing for some of the rest of the folks like you: No device maker ever makes any guarantee that they'll make an even newer and cooler device later. When you buy the product, you're buying the product. You might have expectations, the manufacturer may lead you have some expectations, but who cares. You're buying the current product. I'm quite satisfied with the current product. You guys sound like you're crying because there's not going to be a Nexus Two. Boo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I'm one of what I believe is a majority of Nexus One owners that is trilled with the device and am very glad that I got it. It will continue to work and give me what I like long after Google quits selling it online.
    Indeed,. I love my Nexus One. As someone who only uses Gophone (PAYG for the UK folks) SIMs and will never have a contract with a carrier (really), Google allowed me to obtain a top-of-the-line Android pocket computer with US 3G frequencies (as opposed to many unlocked unbranded HTC phones). This will easily get me through another two years and then I can see what my options are.

Thank you, Google, for making this possible.

They are not shutting the site down to buy the nexus until the have moved all the phones to retail stores, so it may take another month before it is shut down.

Unhappy UK sales of N1

Indeed, prices for the N1 in the UK are much higher than what was on offer direct from Googlestore... this might kill it off

i would not expect t-mobile to raise them much here its the only good phone they got other then the hd2 which frezzes all the time

Do we now possess one rare bird here???????

I bought my Nexus One (AT&T) on Friday without any hiccup. Some people say the store will shut down next month...

I'm not too familiar with "the model they've adopted in Europe", but does that mean one can expect to receive upgrade pricing in-store without having to choose the specific plan?

I was planning on purchasing a Nexus One this week, but with this news may hold off until this information becomes more clear.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links