Google shutting down online Nexus One store

This is a discussion on Google shutting down online Nexus One store within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; They're still selling it. I placed an order on Friday afternoon (CST), order is still in processing. I think the web store people left early ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Google shutting down online Nexus One store

They're still selling it. I placed an order on Friday afternoon (CST), order is still in processing. I think the web store people left early in Friday. I hope yhe order can get shipped today during the day.

Give it a shot though... the store will be closing in the following weeks.

Ordered mine on Friday and just got my order confirmation cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gate13 View Post
    Ordered mine on Friday and just got my order confirmation cant wait!
    Cool man! You won't be disappointed!

In the event that Google might fubar the N1 sales' transition to service providers, I ordered a new battery today. Went through OK, but this whole thing about requiring an adult signature at delivery? For a battery?

Better be a pretty hot battery.

i ordered my phone today but others are saying they are having trouble ordering its not going through

I ordered mine yesterday, and received it today. I had no troubles ordering.

Same here.. placed order on Friday.. delivered on Monday..

I just hope it isn't the first step on the slippery slope of end-of-life... I got my Nexus One barely four weeks ago and I already had to send it back for replacement because of dust under the screen! It'll be the last HTC phone I get if warranty support is yanked away in another 3-6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by RevAaron View Post
    I just hope it isn't the first step on the slippery slope of end-of-life... I got my Nexus One barely four weeks ago and I already had to send it back for replacement because of dust under the screen! It'll be the last HTC phone I get if warranty support is yanked away in another 3-6 months...
    Why would warranty support be yanked? A warranty is a warranty and HTC isn't going anywhere.

It's strange how worked up some folks get over this. It is the sales model that didn't work out, so they are changing the model. Google isn't going out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Why would warranty support be yanked? A warranty is a warranty and HTC isn't going anywhere.

It's strange how worked up some folks get over this. It is the sales model that didn't work out, so they are changing the model. Google isn't going out of business.
    I'm not worried about Google or HTC going out of business- but it's not that uncommon for a company to yank support, or at least severely limit, when a product is unexpectedly end-of-life'd. That could happen if Google and HTC decided that the Nexus One as a brand and distinct product wasn't worth the support and maintenance costs.

Mind you, support and maintenance is more than just doing hardware swaps. There's also software updates, something HTC isn't the great at on the best day.

I've no beef with Google changing the model- I'm not surprised the online only thing hasn't worked out. I wish them luck with it! I just won't have any goodwill left if things work out like that. *shrug* I don't mean to come off like a FUDdite, I just hope things work out.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links