Google shutting down online Nexus One store

This is a discussion on Google shutting down online Nexus One store within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by RevAaron Originally Posted by Hook Why would warranty support be yanked? A warranty is a warranty and HTC isn't going anywhere. It's ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Google shutting down online Nexus One store

Quote Originally Posted by RevAaron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Why would warranty support be yanked? A warranty is a warranty and HTC isn't going anywhere.

It's strange how worked up some folks get over this. It is the sales model that didn't work out, so they are changing the model. Google isn't going out of business.
    I'm not worried about Google or HTC going out of business- but it's not that uncommon for a company to yank support, or at least severely limit, when a product is unexpectedly end-of-life'd. That could happen if Google and HTC decided that the Nexus One as a brand and distinct product wasn't worth the support and maintenance costs.
    <cut>
    The Terms of Sale explicitly state that in the US you have a one year warranty for parts, labor, and service. That's a done deal.

Do you really think that Google will just drop the software ball on this one? I think that would earn them a very bad reputation.

Besides all that, they have clearly stated that they are going to continue to sell the device, just not directly from them online.

I do think that some people are a little jumpy these days.... relax.

The hardware is the vehicle for their software...we'll need new phones to handle the progress of Android, even before the hardware dies...been there, done that.

Android Lurker Guilherme Aguiar's Avatar
    I'm from Brazil and I'm going to USA in 07 june. I will come back to Brazil in 17 june.

I don't know yet if I will buy a nexus one or a Iphone 4G (if they launch it).

But if I decide to buy a Nexus One, do you think that I will buy it online or in stores? When they will sell nexus one in stores?

Thanks! And I'm sorry for my terrible english.

Buy online

Stores are not authorized retailers. Paymore and get less. I have purchased on line and very recently and it is easy and service is good. I had to return one unit that had defective RAM. Easy to do on line. Also you get to speak directly to HTC.

Your English is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Stores are not authorized retailers. Paymore and get less. I have purchased on line and very recently and it is easy and service is good. I had to return one unit that had defective RAM. Easy to do on line. Also you get to speak directly to HTC.

Your English is perfect.
    I'm saying that because I saw that Google will sell nexus one in retail stores soon and will stop to sell it online.

It would be great If I'll be able to buy it in retail store (in the same price). It's more easier for me and I will have a possibility to buy iphone 4G too.

Hi! Average Joe here. There are so many phones to choose from...well, ok, not that many but enough to be confusing.

N1 looks good but hardware specs on Incredible and Evo look better. No rumors abound (that I have found) on whether or not Google is going to upgrade N1 (N1+, N1 Returns, N1 Unleashed, and so on).

So, being an average Joe, still using one of the 1G Iphones from a couple of years ago, I want to avoid Apple at all costs and go Android. But, what to choose?

I'd hate to buy an N1 and then have Google come out with newer and better hardware a month later.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    Problem now is N1 is facing a lot of stiff competitions from other Android sets.
    Agreed. Too little, too late.

The average Joe will be comparing to newer phones. Doubt N1 stands a chance unless the carrier doesn't offer anything (that appears) better than the N1.

Or they sell it for cheap.

I just got the N1 last week trust me you wont be disappointed there is always new phones coming out you just got to stick with your decision and enjoy. My buddy just got the SOny X10 and is still stuck with 1.6 till Sept while the N1 is already updating to 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by ssalter2010 View Post
    Hi! Average Joe here. There are so many phones to choose from...well, ok, not that many but enough to be confusing.

N1 looks good but hardware specs on Incredible and Evo look better. No rumors abound (that I have found) on whether or not Google is going to upgrade N1 (N1+, N1 Returns, N1 Unleashed, and so on).

So, being an average Joe, still using one of the 1G Iphones from a couple of years ago, I want to avoid Apple at all costs and go Android. But, what to choose?

I'd hate to buy an N1 and then have Google come out with newer and better hardware a month later.

Steve.
    If you always want the latest/greatest phone, then you should be changing handsets every 6 months or so.

And there is nothing saying that the next Google branded phone will be the best Android phone available either.

That is quite true...and if I "wait for the next best phone" I'll probably always be waiting because of the rapid development.

My old IPhone is getting really cranky lately, locks up and so on. Probably didn't help that I submerged it once but it did recover.

The N1 will probably get software updates first anyway and that is what matters most.

thanks!

Any news about shutting down online Nexus One store?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links