New Fennec Build - its getting great

This is a discussion on New Fennec Build - its getting great within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey folks, There is a new "nightly build" of the alpha of "FENNEC", the mobile browser version of the well known firefox. I'e tested it ...

Thread: New Fennec Build - its getting great

Cool New Fennec Build - its getting great

Hey folks,

There is a new "nightly build" of the alpha of "FENNEC", the mobile browser version of the well known firefox. I'e tested it on my Nexus one, and beside loading a bit too long, the look and feel of this version is GREAT! Also, the size has been reduced from 30MB down to 9MB!

Keep up the good work!

The only thing needed now, is speed, and all the good addons we know from firefox! But try it yourself!

Download the APK

RinTinTigger

via

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That looks very smart, going to give it a try i love the Dolphin HD browser BUT not as much as i did before they chopped the youtube downloader Cheers Tigger
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Downloaded.

Tried to install.

Failed. Not enough space. Fennec apparently needs over 30 MB of app storage (not SD card) to install and run in its current build.

Get it down, guys! Opera Mini is less than 10 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    That looks very smart, going to give it a try i love the Dolphin HD browser BUT not as much as i did before they chopped the youtube downloader Cheers Tigger
    too bad you updated. luckily i read the new updates and all i saw was the removal of the YT downloader so i havent updated. probably wont until they come out with a speed update.

hopefully this fennec will be chopped down in size soon.

what about zoom?

can you zoom in yet? on the initial fennec browser you could only do that stupid doublen tap to zoom as apposed to the thumb and index swipe. honestly thats one of my biggest complaints about it besides the size, and since that was taken care of... lemme know whats up. thanks.

It looks great, I can't wait for the full version to hit Android. I've used Firefox for years on my computer so of course I will jump from Skyfire to Fennec at the time it gets released.
    I ♥ Ne:nexusx:us One. Got it in February and rooted it in April :] Stock - Desire ROM - Cyanogen MOD - Android 2.2 FroYo

I cant get the bloody thing to work, every time i launch it i just get blackscreen and I have to reboot think i will stick it out until later releases.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGTO View Post
    I cant get the bloody thing to work, every time i launch it i just get blackscreen and I have to reboot think i will stick it out until later releases.
    i got same but left it for 30 secs and it came onEDIT:fc all the time now on home page ,delete lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links