Nexus One Android 2.2 Update - Part 1

This is a discussion on Nexus One Android 2.2 Update - Part 1 within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Android 2.2 Froyo has been the hottest of hot topics lately. Google made the official announcement last week during the Google I/O and the improvements ...

Thread: Nexus One Android 2.2 Update - Part 1

dandroid

Nexus One Android 2.2 Update - Part 1

Android 2.2 Froyo has been the hottest of hot topics lately. Google made the official announcement last week during the Google I/O and the improvements this update is packed with is enough to drool over. While a release date wasn't mentioned, we expected it to roll out sometime over the next few months. Much to our surprise, Google may be rolling it out much faster. Last night, MG Siegler from TechCrunch.com reported receiving an alert letting him know an update was available. Yup, you guessed it! That update was Android 2.2. I guess having the only Google branded phone gives you a few perks

Haven't received the update, read on..

As of now, very few Nexus One owners have received this update. Digging around we have learned that currently Google is only updating Nexus One review units that have been provided to the press. So as your favorite blogs and news sites post about receiving the update, all we can do his watch, read and eat some Froyo.

Continue the discussion here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ble-now-5.html

Thanks for the tip Syntax323!

Source: TechCrunch.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome!

As of now, it also looks like someone else in the thread just posted link to the installer of Froyo!

That's right Froyo, is now officially available for everyone!

Woo :D

we're being left-out google. i keep reading about the o.t.a froyo update but where is it google? i'm no good at that kind of rooting, i'd probably screw it up! i'm like the millions of other googlers waiting for the 2.2 update. every morning we scour our nexus1s for that froyo updater, but it never arrives. when is it coming to england??????????????????????????

Hell....when is it coming to the US?

It'll be out shortly...I'm betting on this week, myself (though I have no reason to).

I say by July maybe
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

no froyo in the u.s!!

Heavens above! And there's me worrying why it's not here on the other side of the pond. If you're getting it in a week, we won't be getting it for atleast a month. What other option do we have other than wait and read more endless articles on the wonders of froyo and turn green in the process. Thanx for the reply. Lets hope Google step on it.

Surely you would think that Google would want to take something away from all the Apple announcements coming this next week by releasing Froyo mainstream. On the other hand, based on comments by Google, they don't exactly feel threatened by Apple so they probably don't believe that they HAVE to do anything this week.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Surely you would think that Google would want to take something away from all the Apple announcements coming this next week by releasing Froyo mainstream. On the other hand, based on comments by Google, they don't exactly feel threatened by Apple so they probably don't believe that they HAVE to do anything this week.

agreed releasing at the same time apple does announcements would be viewed as a sign of weakness.

Hi
    I using Nexus One in India will I get the OTA Update

Just got my update

I bought my Nexus One June 15, 2010. T-Mobile Flex Account. Oceanside, CA(30 miles N. of San Diego). When I turned on my phone this morning there was a message "System Update Available". I tapped install and in a few minutes the installation was done. I checked Phone Info in setup and saw Android2.2. I'm using the tether option in Networks connected to my desktop/WinXP to write this reply. Be patient, your update is coming.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links