DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

This is a discussion on DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by f0ul99 Originally Posted by b00sted415 I give up I don't know what else to try I've gone back completely to stock ROM ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    I give up I don't know what else to try I've gone back completely to stock ROM kernal, etc and I still can not update my Nexus to 2.2
    It was a bit tricky to manually update to FRF85B on a rooted N1. I was pulling my hairs 2 days ago.

I was on Paul's Pre-root FRF50 and I flashed [update-nexusone-FRF85-stock-noradio-signed.zip (70.5 MB)]http://www.multiupload.com/FURB182V4X (no radio because I was on stock radio that came with Paul's FRF50)

Flashed this afterward [update-nexusone-FRF85-root-signed]http://www.4shared.com/file/cFBy1ZS4/update-nexusone-FRF85-root-sig.html

Reboot. "pling" FRF85B with root access.

BTW, do a wipe before flash.
    This worked!!! Thanks! Now to get my apps back!! Wow I wonder why it wasn't working with the two other zips curious

Congrats. Glad to help.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

if i already have FRF85b how do i install FRF91? do i overwrite the "update" file? when i drop in onto the phone

Quote Originally Posted by jusdrae View Post
    if i already have FRF85b how do i install FRF91? do i overwrite the "update" file? when i drop in onto the phone
    Yes, then use the same procedure as before....

ok thanks!

In line and waiting for Android 2.2

I became frantic when I saw in May that the Google Store for the Nexus One was closed. I went to the store and saw it was still open for business, So I ordered my N1 30may2010, it shipped 1jun1010, and I recieved it 3jun2010. Not bad I might say for a store that was closed.
    Love my super smartphone. I took my AT&T GSM chip from my Motorola Tundra phone, and it forked perfectly

Now I want Froyo or Android 2.2.

I tried the DIY but it failed, so I decided to wait for the Auto Install by Google.

About my N1:
    Firmware 2.1
    Baseband 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.032
    Android - build @ APA 26#1
    build # EPE54B

It hasn't happened yet, would that be because I am at the end of the line After AT&T and T1M and obviously the many N1's sold befor the store supposidly closed?

lol i guess u misunderstood, ur not alone though...i remember a lot of people panicking and placed a order for a nexus one when that announcement came out...
    google said that they will shut the online store down when the phone becomes widely available in retail stores...

Quote Originally Posted by Getwild View Post
    I became frantic when I saw in May that the Google Store for the Nexus One was closed. I went to the store and saw it was still open for business, So I ordered my N1 30may2010, it shipped 1jun1010, and I recieved it 3jun2010. Not bad I might say for a store that was closed.
    Love my super smartphone. I took my AT&T GSM chip from my Motorola Tundra phone, and it forked perfectly

Now I want Froyo or Android 2.2.

I tried the DIY but it failed, so I decided to wait for the Auto Install by Google.

About my N1:
    Firmware 2.1
    Baseband 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.032
    Android - build @ APA 26#1
    build # EPE54B

It hasn't happened yet, would that be because I am at the end of the line After AT&T and T1M and obviously the many N1's sold befor the store supposidly closed?
    Yeah that kind of announcement is too big for them to shut the online store immediately. Until you see T-Mobile with Nexus One's, the online store will be there.

Got it!

Maybe my complant of yesterday worked, I woke up this AM and had the update install waiting for me. took about 10 min and everything was up and running. Wished i'd had the new camera features during the Gypsy Kings concert at Wolftrap last night. But then again, I finally Got it!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links