DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

This is a discussion on DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Updated!! I was about to post a panic post cause the start-up screen seemed to take longer than usual =) all good and dandy now ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

Updated!!

I was about to post a panic post cause the start-up screen seemed to take longer than usual =)

all good and dandy now =D

Everything seems a bit more predictable to me, for some reason, the touch point for the touch buttons seem further down now... guess that means i won't be accidentally closing it when messaging =D YAY

there doesnt seem to be an option for colour LED notifications (well I can't seem to find it yet).

I'm still browsing around, I'll see what I can find =)

So can we download flash from the marketplace after the update? Is it working? Has anyone tried it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by firechaos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firechaos View Post
    Can i still update my phone when it is an unlocked version? will it affect the cell radio?
    Yes...and I noticed no radio update, but I'll check.
    I thought the update is for t-mobile. R u sure nth will happen to my phone if i update it?
    Is your phone a TMO or ATT version? ATT users are reporting the update does NOT work, unless they were rooted. I'm unable to understand why this release would work on rooted, but not on unrooted ATT versions, and doubt it's a different radio (otherwise, it simply wouldn't work on ANY ATT version). If you are unsure, simply wait for the push of the official release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    So can we download flash from the marketplace after the update? Is it working? Has anyone tried it yet?
    I've downloaded it and tried it a bit.

It definitely loads flash ads and simple flash banners, but flash games like restaurant city on facebook takes ages to load (and it hasn't successfully loaded for me once yet)

Ok so i tried this and it didn't work. I have the unlocked Nexus one and am running it on T-mobile.

I downloaded signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24 from the link that is there. I renamed it update.zip and just dropped it into the microSD. After step 7 it said:

-- Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post

It definitely loads flash ads and simple flash banners, but flash games like restaurant city on facebook takes ages to load (and it hasn't successfully loaded for me once yet)
    Okay so I've updated to 2.2, and I've downloaded flash. Where do we get that list of demo sites they were showing off?

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post

Okay so I've updated to 2.2, and I've downloaded flash. Where do we get that list of demo sites they were showing off?
    I remember some where sony, warner brothers, nikelodeon, south park studios.

So everybody here who has froyo uses the T-mobile Nexus one?

Re: DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

Guess its just T-Mobile for now. Did they really give froyo out to everyone ota or was it just fir journalists?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    Guess its just T-Mobile for now. Did they really give froyo out to everyone ota or was it just fir journalists?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Everyone here who has the t-mobile nexus one has been able to manually update to froyo using the link and steps provided in the OP.

I presume anyone who owns the stock Nexus one or the ATT version will have to wait longer, for reasons unknown.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links