DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

This is a discussion on DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by okcgreg I hope the AT&T version comes out soon! Originally Posted by b00sted415 Link is dead? here's two different links: RapidShare: 1-CLICK ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Android 2.2 Install Guide

Quote Originally Posted by okcgreg View Post
    I hope the AT&T version comes out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    Link is dead?
    here's two different links:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

and

signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip
    Thanks! but I found the link in another post on here

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    try just 'pda'

I cannot find PDANET in the android market. However, I was able to just shoot on over to junefabrics and install it via APK and appInstaller, just as Tenacity said..PdaNet for Android FAQ ....

By removing it from the market, makes things just a lil bit more of a hassle to tether lol. But, it's easy!
    Some of Tenacity's links and my own googsearch has users suggesting it's an ATT problem, so I'm not sure it effects everyone..only those carriers that 'required' it's removal? I checked on my wife's G1, and it shows for her, and she's never had PDANet on her phone, so that rules out the 'if you ever had it, you can still see it on the market' idea I had. I do recall a user here a while back not able to find it, and I directed them to the dev's site, but this was the first time I'd heard Google was strong-armed into 'removing' it. All quite interesting...wonder if Junefabrics would respond to a clarification email.
    Folks are now reporting miscellaneous Market search issues in FroYo, which doesn't help, either. Regardless, FroYo's wifi tethering/hot spot trumps PDANet...I'll still keep it as a backup if wifi gets hosed somehow.

I would have to agree with you, that it depends on your carrier. But nonetheless, we all can still tether by doing a little researched and the wonderful use of PDANET, whether you can get it from the market or via download on Junefabrics.

Since i updated to 2.2 beta, (Im calling it beta cause there are some features not present, like the SD Card to Internal for the apps) will I be able to get the official version when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoonjin90 View Post
    Since i updated to 2.2 beta, (Im calling it beta cause there are some features not present, like the SD Card to Internal for the apps) will I be able to get the official version when it comes out?
    Market apps to SDcard is not dependent upon it being a 'beta version', but enabled by the developer.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

BTW on AT&T to be able to download PDANet, you'll have to turn on Airplane Mode, then connect to a wireless router with wifi then search for "pda" then you can find it and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by druckle View Post
    WiFi will not connect with new 2.2 install. Reverting to 2.1 solved the problem.
    Reinstallation of 2.2 again caused WiFi not to connect.

Any other folks see this problem?
    I'm also having some problem with WiFI after the upgrade.
    My N1 can't obtain an IP address from my router. I have better luck with the WiFi at work but it is also drops connection from time to time and refuses to connect until I perform a power off and power on.

How do you revert to V2.1?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    BTW on AT&T to be able to download PDANet, you'll have to turn on Airplane Mode, then connect to a wireless router with wifi then search for "pda" then you can find it and download it.

This is true.
    Androidfied.

i have a mac, but am currently using a pc. i want to download froyo for my nexus, but when i connect my phone and tell it to mount on the phone, nothing shows up on the pc. i went to the My Computer folder and it had an option that said Mobile Device but it's empty. what should i do?

When I followed what 'okcgreg' said, I could find it for the first time - slick. So, this strengthens the theory that at least one application on the Android Marketplace is being filtered out, depending on the carrier. One of my previous links should have referenced a Google representative commenting that they could "enhance experiences" by filtering out app's per provider. It can be done, and it appears it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    try just 'pda'

I cannot find PDANET in the android market. However, I was able to just shoot on over to junefabrics and install it via APK and appInstaller, just as Tenacity said..PdaNet for Android FAQ ....

By removing it from the market, makes things just a lil bit more of a hassle to tether lol. But, it's easy!
    Some of Tenacity's links and my own googsearch has users suggesting it's an ATT problem, so I'm not sure it effects everyone..only those carriers that 'required' it's removal? I checked on my wife's G1, and it shows for her, and she's never had PDANet on her phone, so that rules out the 'if you ever had it, you can still see it on the market' idea I had. I do recall a user here a while back not able to find it, and I directed them to the dev's site, but this was the first time I'd heard Google was strong-armed into 'removing' it. All quite interesting...wonder if Junefabrics would respond to a clarification email.
    Folks are now reporting miscellaneous Market search issues in FroYo, which doesn't help, either. Regardless, FroYo's wifi tethering/hot spot trumps PDANet...I'll still keep it as a backup if wifi gets hosed somehow.

Tying both conversations together...this whole update situation has me that much more concerned. First, the app got removed...but then restored...but for only one carrier. And AT&T isn't down with unauthorized tethering - there's a reason they always want to know the make/model of your phone, and there's a reason they always try to tie it to the IMEI, so they're charging you every red cent that they can. And rightfully so in some ways, they're only trying to support one very large part of the backbone of the (wireless) information highway... In any fashion, we'll know something's up when the update is released for all the other T-Mobile customers who waited and there's STILL no update for AT&T customers.

Knowing all this...I'd still be a little shocked to see the AT&T Froyo update missing the tethering. That's a bigger compromise than censoring an app.

anyone know how to change track ball colors yet?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links