HTC EVO 4G Launch Day

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Launch Day within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sprint is launching the HTC EVO 4G today! If the first Android 4G Phone has peaked your interest, come join us over at our sister ...

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Launch Day

dandroid

HTC EVO 4G Launch Day

Sprint is launching the HTC EVO 4G today! If the first Android 4G Phone has peaked your interest, come join us over at our sister site: SprintDroids.com

HTC EVO 4G Specs:

• 3G/4G capability
    • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ QSD8650 (1GHz) processor
    • 4.3” capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
    • World-class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks
    • Android 2.1, with access to more than 30,000 apps on Android Market
    • GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM
    • Access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
    • Sprint Navigation, with turn-by-turn driving directions and 3D maps
    • Updated HTC Sense, award-winning user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
    • Visual voicemail
    • Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging
    • 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
    • 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
    • 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I prefer the Nexus One still. Too bad that EVO 4G is CDMA.

My husband and I stopped at the Sprint Kiosk at the mall today to check out the EVO and the Schmarmy guy that worked there asked us if I had come to check out the iphone killer, we said we already had that and that its called the Nexus One at which point he decided to explain why the EVO is SO much better than the N1 and how it would destroy the N1. Why do people think the best way to sell one product is to trash another?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mswolf View Post
    My husband and I stopped at the Sprint Kiosk at the mall today to check out the EVO and the Schmarmy guy that worked there asked us if I had come to check out the iphone killer, we said we already had that and that its called the Nexus One at which point he decided to explain why the EVO is SO much better than the N1 and how it would destroy the N1. Why do people think the best way to sell one product is to trash another?
    Very sad to see this. Both are awesome phones and the Nexus One trounces the EVO in "hackability" and customization.

So its only CDMA? Useless down under then?
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Friend bought two of these.it's very nice, no doubt. huge screen, maybe too big.it's surprisingly light, about the same as the n1.

It basically is the n1 with fm radio, front camera (awesome with fring), more memory, a bigger screen and is cdma.
    Rooted Nexus One

The down side - it's Sprint!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links