It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW

This is a discussion on It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm about ready to hunt for a google phone # to call them and ask them point blank "so, when will you be releasing the ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW

I'm about ready to hunt for a google phone # to call them and ask them point blank "so, when will you be releasing the OTA to my phone?"
    But seriously, considering it went out for AT&T on Monday and there was already a security patch update today...I'm kinda glad that I am holding out for the OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLmobileG1 View Post
    Man... how the wait has been killing me. I live in the Las Vegas area with Tmobile built ERE27 and still nothing. Every time I hear my phone recieve a message or notice the trackball flashing I run over to my phone only to notice it is just an email or text. Its horrible! I hate this wait but yet I don't really want to risk updating manually. I mean if Google themselves said... here you go... update and offered the link with the correct file to download... then maybe. But whos to say the builts and links that are floating around will be the same because I am hearing of different file sizes and versions for AT&T and Tmobile etc. I'd rather not take any risks especially since I know it will be here any day or any minute.... I just really wish I knew when. Its just funny how it is taking so long to get. I have a buddy at work who has one of the first Nexus One phones and he has yet to see an update. So I highly doubt it is baised on who picked up one first. I really hope the carriers don't have anything to do with why the updates are taking forever. Maybe they are arguing with Google about the tethering and so Google has pulled the plug on updates.... I really hope not... but I also haven't noticed many people getting the update either. Hopefully like someone stated... everyone should have it by Sunday. Please Google... send me my update today/tonight... I can't sleep!!!! LOL
    I can relate to your anticipation. I have my phone set so all the notification sounds are different from the default. That way I am pretty sure if I hear that default noise it is for the update. I even signed out of talk to make sure that one didn't confuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by shansp3 View Post
    guys i need your help
    i did manual installaltion for the first time on my unrooted nexus one ER27...
    im in singapore..
    i got the link from engadget...however i noticed there are 2 types of update for the same froyo version but one being 81mb the other around 40mb..
    i took the larger one...
    is there any difference?
    i believe both the update was for at&t user...will that affect my phone?
    sorry if this questions are dumb...
    thank you all.

What is your build number, and what carrier are you on? The first update from 27 to 50 was around 81mb.

Man... how the wait has been killing me. I live in the Las Vegas area with Tmobile built ERE27 and still nothing. Every time I hear my phone recieve a message or notice the trackball flashing I run over to my phone only to notice it is just an email or text. Its horrible! I hate this wait but yet I don't really want to risk updating manually. I mean if Google themselves said... here you go... update and offered the link with the correct file to download... then maybe. But whos to say the builts and links that are floating around will be the same because I am hearing of different file sizes and versions for AT&T and Tmobile etc. I'd rather not take any risks especially since I know it will be here any day or any minute.... I just really wish I knew when. Its just funny how it is taking so long to get. I have a buddy at work who has one of the first Nexus One phones and he has yet to see an update. So I highly doubt it is baised on who picked up one first. I really hope the carriers don't have anything to do with why the updates are taking forever. Maybe they are arguing with Google about the tethering and so Google has pulled the plug on updates.... I really hope not... but I also haven't noticed many people getting the update either. Hopefully like someone stated... everyone should have it by Sunday. Please Google... send me my update today/tonight... I can't sleep!!!! LOL

I know what you mean, man. This is ridiculous. I never understood this OTA crap. We can put a man on the moon, but we can't distribute a simple update to everyone in a more efficient way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post

I know what you mean, man. This is ridiculous. I never understood this OTA crap. We can put a man on the moon, but we can't distribute a simple update to everyone in a more efficient way?
    FroYo is melting before it reaches you in Cybertron!

Yay! Receiving update OTA as we speak. Finally!!

^I just received mine too!

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    Well color me jealous! Now I'm compulsivly checking my phone every few minutes to see if I got the update yet

just received mine here in Boston mass Build number FRF91

Hahaha I was watching a movie (100 girls) on my phone all morning at work haha i love my nexus one

still waiting...

ere27
    toronto

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links