It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW

This is a discussion on It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just got my update about 20 minutes ago. So far so good, this will keep me busy all day. I noticed the Car home layout ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: It's OFFICIAL: FroYo Rolling out NOW

Just got my update about 20 minutes ago. So far so good, this will keep me busy all day. I noticed the Car home layout is a little different, I hope they took care of the phone locking issue while it was docked and the phone was in use.

Got it at last!!

just got the update froyo 2.2 OTA to my N1!! WOW WE AT LAST THX GOOGLE yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just got my OTA update to 2.2 yesterday. Never manually updated...phone was left as is since ordering.

Wink

I have a strong feeling that Google waited for the 4th of July ... mktg patriotism ... ??

Wow! After the update, I used TaskPanel to kill aps, and my total available memory has jumped from the meager 70 MBs it usually is to a whopping 260! Excellent!

I can't wait to check out the other features of the update. I have noticed some minor changes in the keyboard.

One thing I could do without is the addition of the dedicated Phone and Browser shortcuts. I liked the simplicity of the single Application Launcher shortcut at the bottom of each page. If I wanted a Phone or Browser shortcut, I would have added them. Actually, I DID have a Phone shortcut on one page, but I don't want a Browser one, much less one I will no doubt accidentally bang up occasionally. I hit that stupid Search/Voice Search button enough as it is!

I LOVE the performance improvements! But ditch the extra shortcuts.

Another change in froyo is the side volume buttons don't go down to the no speaker option anymore .. only till vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Another change in froyo is the side volume buttons don't go down to the no speaker option anymore .. only till vibrate
    Yes, they do..under the following vibrate settings(Settings->Sounds):
    Never
    Only when NOT in silent mode

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Yes, they do..under the following vibrate settings(Settings->Sounds):
    Never
    Only when NOT in silent mode
    it's an EITHER/OR Situation not an AND one as prevoiusly..

Earlier you could toggle Volume/vibrate/no sound from the side volume buttons...

no longer on froyo

Where is the new security option thought it said we would be able to you password instead of drawing a pattern to unlock phone?

Got mine yesterday morning!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links