Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor"-App Creation Tool

This is a discussion on Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor"-App Creation Tool within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I read somewhere that App Inventor apps were for personal use only, and couldn't get on the market... Is that wrong info?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor"-App Creation Tool

I read somewhere that App Inventor apps were for personal use only, and couldn't get on the market... Is that wrong info?
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Can't wait for the billions of fart apps that will come from this great google creation!!!

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    I read somewhere that App Inventor apps were for personal use only, and couldn't get on the market... Is that wrong info?
    That wouldn't make sense. Do you have a link?

Unless there are usage restrictions, if the tool creates an APK anyone can sign it and upload it to the market (after registering and paying a one-time $25 fee for market access).

My concern is that this will lower the market's signal-to-noise ratio, and it's already pretty low. Yes, get ready for a whole new wave of crapps telling you that if you don't have this picture of sexy asian woman showing up after you place a phone call, you not real man. By the way, touch the screen where her ass is and your phone makes fart noise.

Awesome! I was planning to noodle with the SDK, but this looks like an easy way to get my feet wet.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    25$ tag? ouch.
    even so, great personal use!

It's been 3 weeks now.. where's the beef?

I signed up for this a while back but haven't heard back from them. Anyone else?

(maybe they did this so there would be 100.000 apps in the android market too.. since thats the main argument the iphone users use )

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    I signed up for this a while back but haven't heard back from them. Anyone else?
    me neither, they did say it would take a couple of weeks if at all though, alot of people have registered apparently

I received an invitation to use this program last night. Keep an eye out...you could be next!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I received an invitation to use this program last night. Keep an eye out...you could be next!
    For me, iv got time to kill, on holiday, crappy internet connection on a data limit, so cant really do much.

If i remember correctly, you need your phone, pc, and account to be synced or something.

anyone care to clarify?

Not to mention that it will eventually come out to open beta, by the time all this waiting is going on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links