Well, Nexus lovers...it's official.

This is a discussion on Well, Nexus lovers...it's official. within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; are they still making it? cuz Vodafone is selling them...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Nexus lovers...it's official.

are they still making it? cuz Vodafone is selling them

Yes, they'll still be sold by Vodafone and a company in Korea. They won't be sold on line by Google any more, that's all.

obo
    I wonder how many lucky people have the "limited edition"?

Red face USA is not the World

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koolbon View Post
    does that make us owners of a "limited edition" phone?
    I kinda like the sound of it.
    I like the sound of that. I'm just going to start telling people I have a "limited edition" phone that only a select group of cool people have.
    Quote Originally Posted by obo View Post
    I wonder how many lucky people have the "limited edition"?
    I Think ALL of us on this form are Proud "Limited Edition" phone Owners
    Salut!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Yes, they'll still be sold by Vodafone and a company in Korea. They won't be sold on line by Google any more, that's all.
    Vodaphone in UK & KT in South Korea will be promoting the N1 - i dunno whether they will be locked, and need jailbreaking... though...

Loving my Limited Edition N1 more with each passing picosecond

I'm glad I got my order in. Been tweaking around a lot with the device the past 2 days.

I'm always looking at the latest Android phones and here have been a lot of them released since the Nexus One was first sold. But I can't see any that are worth giving up the N1 for.

Sure there are some good ones with some noce features (bigger screen, super AMOLED, from camera), but IMO none of them are really any better. Plus, once released, you start hearing about problems with them.

I had the chance to play around with a Captivate yesterday. Nice device, for sure, but with Froyo the N1 was NOTABLY faster than the Samsung! I mean something on the order of 3x faster!

The screen is nice, but really not significantly clearer or brighter than the N1's. About the only 'real' advantage was the video out capability...but really, who cares?

Oh, and the girl that owned it (an employee) was already complaining about battery life...she'd had to recharge it 3 times in 2 days! I showed her a few tricks to save some battery.

All in all, it was kinda funny to have all three employees grouped around me, asking questions :D

LONG LIVE THE NEXUS ONE!

A few hour ago I went out with my family and dropped by this Samsung booth selling Captivate(Galaxy S here). While the screen is impressive, not much a different with Nexus One when I took out my Nexus One to compare. I only envy the 16GB internal storage. Like everyone else been saying, yes it feel cheap and plasticky. Speed is slower probably because it's not Froyoed yet. Ugly icons. If given free I'd sell it and buy another Nexus One.

Then again that Nexus One is now officially a collector's item, I'll be extra careful with it. Who knows, next 20 years it worth millions haha

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Then again that Nexus One is now officially a collector's item, I'll be extra careful with it. Who knows, next 20 years it worth millions haha

Good point!

I'm going laminate mine, store it in an airtight container and have it cryogenically frozen. Then just bide my time until I can collect my millions! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

Good point!

I'm going laminate mine, store it in an airtight container and have it cryogenically frozen. Then just bide my time until I can collect my millions! :rofl3:
    As my grandpa used to say: 'That idea and a dime will buy you a cup of coffee'..he obviously wasn't prescient enough to see Starbucks raise that cuppa to $4.50! :rofl3: I've morphed the saying a bit to be more hopeful: 'That idea will get you nowhere, or everywhere'.

I plan to use my N1 for another year at least (no contract) until the OS updates outpace the hardware limitation. I HOPE there's on non-contract unit like N1 when that time approaches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links