Welcome Back, NexusOne...Google's official development phone.

This is a discussion on Welcome Back, NexusOne...Google's official development phone. within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Nexus One Knocks G1 Off of Google's Developer Perch Posted 08/06/10 at 09:14:15 AM by Paul Lilly Move over, G1, and make room for the ...

Thread: Welcome Back, NexusOne...Google's official development phone.

Welcome Back, NexusOne...Google's official development phone.

Nexus One Knocks G1 Off of Google's Developer Perch

Posted 08/06/10 at 09:14:15 AM by Paul Lilly
    Move over, G1, and make room for the Nexus One. No, we haven't traveled back in time - the Nexus One, which Google recently retired from its online one-item store, is back in unlocked form for developers.
    "We've always offered unlocked phones for direct sale to registered Android Developers," Google wrote in a blog post. "As of today, the Developer Phone is the Nexus One at a price of $529. To see the details or order a phone, you need to sign in to your Android developer account and click on the 'Development Phones' link."
    The Nexus One replaces the aging G1 as Google's Developer Phone, which the search giant describes as a "good choice both for people who want to build Android applications using either the SDK or the NDK," as well as "those who want to experiment with modified versions of the Android platform."
    Welcome back, Nexus One.

Nexus One Knocks G1 Off of Google's Developer Perch | Maximum PC
    link to original source:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    This seems a bit scary to me, if G1 was the old developer phone, and got knocked off by the N1, how long does the N1 have? a few years? less?

I read on the site that the Nexus One Development Phones were sold out but the message said they expected another limited shipment.

I also thought I saw where the Development Phone was a not att 3g compatible but I could have misread it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links