Samsung Galaxy Tab for the big 3 wireless carriers?

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Tab for the big 3 wireless carriers? within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The Android Tablet scene has exploded in the past 40 days. We've seen hundreds of different tablets come out from players large and small. However, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab for the big 3 wireless carriers?

Admin

Samsung Galaxy Tab for the big 3 wireless carriers?

The Android Tablet scene has exploded in the past 40 days. We've seen hundreds of different tablets come out from players large and small. However, none of them really had that feel of 'polished product' yet -- however, we've seen some glimmers of products coming out in the future that we believe will have the polish to truly put them into the market to compete against the iPad.

The first product to come out that will do this? The Samsung Galaxy Tab. The great thing about Samsung is that they have shown an understanding of this market. It's not enough to have good hardware, you need the software too. In addition, good hardware and software won't sell your product if the customer can't buy it... or if the customer doesn't have coverage.

With that knowledge they've decided to manufacture the Samsung Galaxy Tab with an impressive hardware list. The tab will also be running Android 2.2 out of the box, the latest and greatest available from Google. Sounds like enough? Well, not if you ask Samsung. According to the Wall Street Journal they will also be selling multiple Tab versions that work on all 3 of the big carrier networks: Verizon Wireless, Sprint Wireless and AT&T Wireless.

With hardware, software and great coverage you can't go wrong. We hope to see Samsung rewarded for this bold move and a great push to really get Android in the hands of as many people as possible in a format that they want.

We have an Android Tablet Forum to discuss topics like these, just visit Android Tablet Forum. If the Samsung Galaxy Tab is a specific need of yours, we have a section there dedicated entirely to that device at this URL: Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

(Source: Android Tablet Forum)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Where can I pre-order?

In all seriousness, if I have to purchase through AT&T or Verizon as a subsidized product, I will pass. Isn't that the point of me carefully choosing to buy my Nexus One from Google out of contract with WiFi tethering of up to 8 devices? I pay AT&T for wireless data once. That is all I will ever be willing to do.

I have debated for months on picking up an iPad, but really dislike Apple products on general principle. Of course, I had the iPhone 3G, 3Gs, and 4... And I still might go that route, Flash 10 being the deal breaker right now (FRASH doesn't count). But I'm patient enough to wait to see some competition in the marketplace come around and make an informed decision. That is starting to look like skipping out on this generation of Froyo based tablets as Gingerbread is supposed to be the first tablet Google os.

7 inch tablet sounds just about right to me. I already have a 10" screen called my netbook. Froyo on a tablet could work for me. After all... I really just want a slightly bigger web browser for my couch during fantasy football season!

- Drool -
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPfCZC4VHnE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Wow looks pretty awesome but does any one know if they will be coming to Canada?

There's an equally impressive new pair of tablets coming from Sharp called Galapagos. Coming in 5" and 10" sizes. Big competitor for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The 10.8" one looks like a real competitor for the iGarbage tablet.

Sharp Galapagos video demos - SlashGear
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

t-mobile already has their galaxy tab prices out
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Leaked T-Mobile Galaxy Tab pricing matches Sprint's - National Technology | Examiner.com

"TmoNews says the price will be $399, after a $50 manufacturer's instant rebate (MIR). "
    "Want the device without a contract? It will cost you $599 with Sprint and $649 with T-Mobile. "

Nice! I wonder if you could root these. Would be extra nice.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Nice! I wonder if you could root these. Would be extra nice.

We probably will be able to unless they chose to do like htc did with the G2 and give that anti root feature/glitch. What I want to know is will we be able to super one click root one of these or is Google going to patch this hole too.

Can't wait for the tablets to be launched at Videotron. I'm getting one )

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    Can't wait for the tablets to be launched at Videotron. I'm getting one )

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak
    Not sure I would get a galaxy tab at this point I think if I had to get a tab now it would be the xoom but even then I think I'm going to hold out for a little to see what comes out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links