Nexus 2!?!

This is a discussion on Nexus 2!?! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Gone EDIT it is official this is the nexus S This is the Nexus S -- Engadget This the Samsung Elite/Nexus S/Nexus ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 146

Thread: Nexus 2!?!

  1. #111
    Senior Member FC1032's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    I'm so disappointed in this

    Sure we got rumors it would be based off the Galaxy S... BUT THIS? I mean they didn't even bother to TRY making it look high end!

    * Cheap PLASTIC exterior
    * The buttons aren't in the same positions as the Nexus one (I'm sure they should keep it the same no?)
    * Is there an LED notification light somewhere?
    * It seems to be another Galaxy S variant but with stock android...

    As much as I hope for a successor to the Nexus one, this is a BIG FAT DISAPPOINTMENT
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

  2. #112
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    I'm so disappointed in this

    Sure we got rumors it would be based off the Galaxy S... BUT THIS? I mean they didn't even both to TRY making it look high end!

    * Cheap PLASTIC exterior
    * The buttons aren't in the same positions as the Nexus one (I'm sure they should keep it the same no?
    * It seems to be another Galaxy S variant but with stock android...

    As much as I hope for a successor to the Nexus one, this is a BIG FAT DISAPPOINTMENT
    That pretty much sums it up.

  3. #113
    Member DumbUglyDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    39
    The Synapse One sounds more and more appealing to me lol

  4. #114
    Android Lurker Mightytalldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Hmm. Not sure what to say. Actually feel let down by the Nexus S. My gf and her son both have the Vibrant (and have already replaced both of them due to assorted problems), and the screen is best feature of them, but I don't like the feel of the Vibrant, way too much plastic, and looking at this today, it's the same phone. If I were to pit the G2 against this phone, I'd take the G2 hands down as it's more of a successor to the Nexus One than this is. Although I don't need the physical keyboard, the design layout is much like the N1, and similar type HTC construction. I stopped by TMo on my way home and handled the G2 & Vibrant to get a better feel, and the G2 just feels solid, especially when holding both a G2 & Vibrant side by side. Furthermore, Cyanogen has been working feverishly on getting a working version of CM 6.1 ported to the G2 today after permanant root was accomplished, there's some definite possibilities for more goodies being unlocked with the G2. Not planning on ditching my N1 any time soon, but if I had to make a decision today based on what I see, I'd go with a G2 without a second thought.

  5. #115
    Senior Member dragongunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Hmm. Not sure what to say. Actually feel let down by the Nexus S. My gf and her son both have the Vibrant (and have already replaced both of them due to assorted problems), and the screen is best feature of them, but I don't like the feel of the Vibrant, way too much plastic, and looking at this today, it's the same phone. If I were to pit the G2 against this phone, I'd take the G2 hands down as it's more of a successor to the Nexus One than this is. Although I don't need the physical keyboard, the design layout is much like the N1, and similar type HTC construction. I stopped by TMo on my way home and handled the G2 & Vibrant to get a better feel, and the G2 just feels solid, especially when holding both a G2 & Vibrant side by side. Furthermore, Cyanogen has been working feverishly on getting a working version of CM 6.1 ported to the G2 today after permanant root was accomplished, there's some definite possibilities for more goodies being unlocked with the G2. Not planning on ditching my N1 any time soon, but if I had to make a decision today based on what I see, I'd go with a G2 without a second thought.
    Well said! I agree 100% based on the current facts. I probably would have bought the G2 already but the physical keyboard is just throwing me off. I could get used to the physical keyboard a lot quicker than that plastic looking thing everyone is calling the Nexus S. I will NEVER get rid of my N1. I may upgrade in the future but the N1 will be with me for life.

    We can always hope that what we see in the pics today of the Nexus S will not be the final version as far as body goes.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

    DragonGunner

  6. #116
    Senior Member eZdoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    146
    someone just needs to make the phone that FC1032 has in his sig. that thing is PERFECTION and would definitely be worthy of the Nexus 2 name.

  7. #117
    Senior Member FC1032's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    someone just needs to make the phone that FC1032 has in his sig. that thing is PERFECTION and would definitely be worthy of the Nexus 2 name.
    haha thanks I yanked that pic from my blog post about the Nexus 2 rumors: http://fc1032.blogspot.com/2010/10/nexus-2.html

    Yea, its a nice combination of all the good phones that exist at the moment :D and it would hold well after a year of updates (just like the Nexus one)
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

  8. #118
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    God! Awful Plastic from Samsung

    Google's jacked it up again

    seems like the N1 has no competition FOREVER!

    (Unless Motorola comes out with a Pure Android Phone - sans Bloatware and moto blur)

  9. #119
    Member alzakx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    68
    WOW! I got featured on the first page of nexusoneforum.net! Quite an honor I may say

    BUT!!!!!

    NEWS FLASH!!!!!!! So since I'm really curious about this N2 I thought that maybe some Korean websites could have more info or pictures since Samsung is over there and guess what... I found something interesting, apparently one of the photos we've seen is forged!



    Take a look here:





    I knew there was something wrong with that Google word on the picture, it looked like someone pasted it over.

    Besides! take a good look at your N1, flip it over and you'll notice that there is a trademark symbol next to the Google word. I find it hard to believe that this so called N2 wouldn't have the TM symbol, even if it is a prototype. I can't deny nor confirm anything but maybe they've been playing us all along. After all that might be a good thing, that could possible mean that the N2 is not that ugly thing we've seen today all over the Internet.

    What do you all think

    Source: http://stellist.tistory.com/1355

  10. #120
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Ha good catch!
    Androidfied.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum