Nexus 2!?!

This is a discussion on Nexus 2!?! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Go to the Source - Google and Carphone in mobile deal | City A.M. Who is STEVE DINNEEN? How dependable is City AM??? Are they ...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus 2!?!

Go to the Source -

Google and Carphone in mobile deal | City A.M.

Who is STEVE DINNEEN? How dependable is City AM???

Are they as dependable as say -

Google's Eric Schmidt: You can trust us with your data - Telegraph

CEO of Google Eric Schmidt "It was so successful, we didn't have to do a second one," Schmidt told The Telegraph.

I leave you with this thought (and links)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Go to the Source -

Google and Carphone in mobile deal | City A.M.

Who is STEVE DINNEEN? How dependable is City AM???

Are they as dependable as say -

Google's Eric Schmidt: You can trust us with your data - Telegraph

CEO of Google Eric Schmidt "It was so successful, we didn't have to do a second one," Schmidt told The Telegraph.

I leave you with this thought (and links)

Google also originally said that they wont make any handsets, just the Android OS. Guess what happened - the N1 :D also, considering the push with Google TV, tablets, and how it's surfacing how the carriers are crippling the android phones to nickel-n-dime you more for features that are normally STOCK in Android, i can see that Google is going to push out another phone to show/say "look, this is what you can do with a fully functional/non-crippled Android phone" - as they did with the N1.

The N1 all around is a pretty decent design, especially in combo with the desk-dock and the car-dock!

People say the trackball is not necessary - i say it is a good thing - for the reason it helps a LOT to navigate links in webpages, where that are very many, or withing flash objects or when using RDP/VNC sessions with actual remote desktop-/server-computers.

my preferred HW specs would be
    - dual-core 1.5 Ghz SOC/CPU in 45 nm processing (saves power!)
    - much better 3D/GPU co-processor (maybe with CUDA-similar capabilities, so more math intensive apps can utilize the GPU for the calculations)
    - Multi carrier capable (GSM/UMTS/HSPA/CDMA - not necessarily LTE/G4 - that's still in its infancy and useless. decent 3G can reach 7Mbits, which is sufficient for just about anything)
    - 4 inch screen
    - a AMOLED four-point multi-touch screen!
    - a broadcom WIFI/FM/bluetooth chip that has FM *ENABLED*
    - dual microphone with audio-preprocessing for voice recognition
    - 1 GB ram
    - 4-8 GB on-die/PCB flash-storage, N1's 512 MB is WAY TOO LITTLE, 4 GB is sufficient, for apps2sd will take care of the 'storage hogs'
    - SDXC/SDHC specs v3 support (up to to 2 TB capacity)
    - 1500-1800 mAh battery!
    - mini HDMI-out
    - Gorilla Glass (as the N1 has)
    - and what the N1 had so far in ambient sensor, accelerometers, magnetic compass and a gyro would be good too.
    - standard 3.5 mm audio plug/jack with inline remote support
    - car-dock and desk-dock that allow plug-less power-charging and (new) serial datatransfer USBv2 style (fast enough) via plug-less contacts. That HTC decided to use bluetooth in the docks to communicate with the N1 for audio-streams, was a good idea, but it took away the data-transmission/-file-transfer capabilities by just adding a 10 USD USB-based bluetooth plug into your dektop/laptop PC for file-transfers to your N1.

that would be a good device HW wise.

Google has the cash-flow to... Make! It! Happen!
    and the technologies mentioned above have been already on the market for 1-2 YEARS, so putting this into mass-production in fairly cost efficient means is no biggie. the AMOLED screen is a MUST, it eats less power, and takes less space within the phones casing, for bigger battery, more chips = features. LCDs eat too much power and need too much space-volume.

any takers? :D

+1!

Awesome Atlana

I'm sold!

Where do I sign up for this phone

Hopefully made by the Japanese (read Motorola)

my preferred HW specs would be
    - dual-core 1.5 Ghz SOC/CPU in 45 nm processing (saves power!)
    - much better 3D/GPU co-processor (maybe with CUDA-similar capabilities, so more math intensive apps can utilize the GPU for the calculations)
    - Multi carrier capable (GSM/UMTS/HSPA/CDMA - not necessarily LTE/G4 - that's still in its infancy and useless. decent 3G can reach 7Mbits, which is sufficient for just about anything)
    - 4 inch screen
    - a AMOLED four-point multi-touch screen!
    - a broadcom WIFI/FM/bluetooth chip that has FM *ENABLED*
    - dual microphone with audio-preprocessing for voice recognition
    - 1 GB ram
    - 4-8 GB on-die/PCB flash-storage, N1's 512 MB is WAY TOO LITTLE, 4 GB is sufficient, for apps2sd will take care of the 'storage hogs'
    - SDXC/SDHC specs v3 support (up to to 2 TB capacity)
    - 1500-1800 mAh battery!
    - mini HDMI-out
    - Gorilla Glass (as the N1 has)
    - and what the N1 had so far in ambient sensor, accelerometers, magnetic compass and a gyro would be good too.
    - standard 3.5 mm audio plug/jack with inline remote support
    - car-dock and desk-dock that allow plug-less power-charging and (new) serial datatransfer USBv2 style (fast enough) via plug-less contacts. That HTC decided to use bluetooth in the docks to communicate with the N1 for audio-streams, was a good idea, but it took away the data-transmission/-file-transfer capabilities by just adding a 10 USD USB-based bluetooth plug into your dektop/laptop PC for file-transfers to your N1.

that would be a good device HW wise.

Google has the cash-flow to... Make! It! Happen!
    and the technologies mentioned above have been already on the market for 1-2 YEARS, so putting this into mass-production in fairly cost efficient means is no biggie. the AMOLED screen is a MUST, it eats less power, and takes less space within the phones casing, for bigger battery, more chips = features. LCDs eat too much power and need too much space-volume.

any takers? :D[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Awesome Atlana

I'm sold!

Where do I sign up for this phone

Hopefully made by the Japanese (read Motorola)
    actually, Motorola is not a Japanese company, it's an american company (see details [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola]Motorola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame].

In my experience LG, HTC, and SAMSUNG (interestingly enough Chinese or Korean) have so far the best "technical capabilities" to pull this off. My experience says it'd be SAMSUNG, since they manufacture the major components (RAM, CPU, flash-storage, AMOLED screen) in-house already. Which saves the need to purchase them from 3rd party vendors for additional costs.

the main problem is - the people/consumers!

they need it to get it OUT of their heads to see these devices as PHONES - even the word SMARTPHONE implies it's a phone first. which is not true any longer. Android device are first a COMPUTER that CAN make cellular phone calls as a SIDE GIMMICK. Once people realize THAT, many more people will flock to them. Unfortunately Carriers try to sell them as "phones" first. Otherwise a carrier might be recognized/perceived as something 'not necessary' much longer as a SERVICE provider as it used to be , merely an ACCESS ENABLER. Much like your regular ISP.
    And ONCE people realize that Androids are COMPUTERS FIRST, THEN they WANT to see features as i have mentioned above. Because people still see Androids as PHONES and think "why do i need all these bells and whistles if i just want to make phone calls?!?" which plays into the carriers and their Android stock-feature crippling attempts.

atlana everything you are saying is true but basically if you want that why not just get a pda or tablet computer because that is where the phone part of smartphone comes in and well without the phone part it becomes more of a pda.

As for the spects you mentioned for the nexus two they would be awesome. The only thing I would change it AMOLED for S-AMOLED because these are actually more vibrant and more power saving so that would be awesome. The only thing that bothers me about all that is what would the price tag look like.

One last thing what makes the nexus two have to be a smartphone (or superphone as Google originally called the nexus one) who says it won`t be a tablet just my thoughts.

I am Amazed -

Report: Google 'Nexus Two' to Hit the U.K. by Holiday Season | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

A reputed publication speaks of the N2!!

I pray it's a Samsung... THEN i Won't Have to buy it!

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Nexus S hmmm I don't know about the name but I can't wait for this phone!!!!

Nexus S or whatever....it gives me goosebumps. If this comes to pass its my opinion that this device will be a HUGE success. There will be lots of folks out there without android phones that will jump on the bandwagon for sure. Fist to get updates, and easily rooted and customizable....will lure them all in.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Hopefully google does not go that route, I love the freedom the nexus one gives me no crapware from the service provider etc...And I don't like the name cause it reminds me of the galaxy s phones, but I guess samsung has to put their stamp on it some way since it won't be running touchwiz. If this phone ends up looking like any of the galaxy s phones I'll pass!!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links