Nexus 2!?!

This is a discussion on Nexus 2!?! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Iono, it's was sounding extremely exciting at first but now it's kind of just eh. I mean it just sounds like a Galaxy S with ...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus 2!?!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Iono, it's was sounding extremely exciting at first but now it's kind of just eh. I mean it just sounds like a Galaxy S with Stock Android. That doesn't really tempt me to set aside my Nexus.

I mean the Nexus is THE phone. It has proven itself through out all the new releases. It has stood its ground since its release and continue to be in high demand.

I don't think I'll be jumping on this Nexus 2.
    Androidfied.

I would have to agree with AITT. Not a big fan of Samsung either. Surprising tho that they would give a Samsung the "Nexus" name.

N1 is STILL KING!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I would have to agree with AITT. Not a big fan of Samsung either. Surprising tho that they would give a Samsung the "Nexus" name.

N1 is STILL KING!
    I know everyone to their own, but why are you guys not fans of Samsung? I'm not a fan or nor am I against them. I just want your opinions so I can get as much info on them should this rumor about them making the next N2 come to pass.

I have owned a samsung flip phone, but never a samsung smartphone. Is it because of the plasticky build quality appearance? Hardware or software issues? Sucky tech support?
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Never liked the materials they use. Plasticrap in my opinion
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Never liked the materials they use. Plasticrap in my opinion
    I read one update this morning (cannot find the link at the moment) that said that the outside case would be different from what you normally would find on on a samsung. Maybe Google demands better? Anyways I hope that is true as I really think the Nexus outside look also helped set it apart from other phones.
    [ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD V1..5

^Now there is a ROM with some goodies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm not so much against Samsung in this case as I'm am the Specs. I never been a fac of their phones though. They were poorly built and slow in updates, as it's evident with the Galaxy S not even getting 2.2 yet. They have made huge stride though, as they screen are remarkable and their TV's and Audio are superb, but I think Samsung won't be a true phone MFR threat till about 2 more years.

As for this particular phone, the hardware does not stand out for me to just want to get it. Nothing. It just sounds like a Galaxy S with the Google experience. If that's the case, I don't want a sidestep phone to match my Nexus. I need a true upgrade phone. This would need a front facing camera, at least 512 RAM and I'd prefer the next high end of processors for me to really want it.

It's like you know the history of Ford. For got a great car out and winning all kinds of awards, but would you buy a Ford knowing its past history trouble?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I'm not so much against Samsung in this case as I'm am the Specs. I never been a fac of their phones though. They were poorly built and slow in updates, as it's evident with the Galaxy S not even getting 2.2 yet. They have made huge stride though, as they screen are remarkable and their TV's and Audio are superb, but I think Samsung won't be a true phone MFR threat till about 2 more years.

As for this particular phone, the hardware does not stand out for me to just want to get it. Nothing. It just sounds like a Galaxy S with the Google experience. If that's the case, I don't want a sidestep phone to match my Nexus. I need a true upgrade phone. This would need a front facing camera, at least 512 RAM and I'd prefer the next high end of processors for me to really want it.

It's like you know the history of Ford. For got a great car out and winning all kinds of awards, but would you buy a Ford knowing its past history trouble?
    Maybe being a Google phone will make the updates come faster?

The main thing that scares me is if Google is planning on doing a Nexus line of phones like the Droid series than that means when 3.0 arrives there will probably be another phone and that would be the one I would really want.
    [ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD V1..5

^Now there is a ROM with some goodies

Great replies guys. Now I know where you are coming from. I just hope that if this is true that Samsung along with Google will come out with a one of a kind with great specs and a quality build.

I myself will not buy another Google phone if the specs and quality build and customer support are crap whether or not its built by Samsung or HTC. I think we all agree with that. The N1 is a great phone and it will be hard to beat it. We N1 owners have come to expect a lot out of our phones and wont settle for anything less. I just hope that Google puts great thought into this as they did with the N1.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Nexus Two does (or doesn't) exist, is (or isn't) being released this year

By Chris Ziegler posted Oct 28th 2010 1:07PM

After going most of the year with very little noise on the Nexus One's successor -- a phone Google has never committed to making, by the way -- we've gotten a handful of conflicting rumors about this thing in the past few days. Let's take a swipe at the buzz that's circulating this week:
    • British publication City A.M. says the Nexus Two is a Carphone Warehouse exclusive, will be released in time for the holidays, and probably won't be made by Samsung.
    • Android and Me is convinced that the Nexus Two will in fact be a Samsung product, will be announced at its November 8th press conference, will ship with Android 2.3 Gingerbread (assuming 3.0 is Honeycomb), and will be available on multiple carriers.

Meanwhile, a quote from Google CEO Eric Schmidt from back in July may suggest there will be no Nexus One successor at all:
    "The idea a year and a half ago was to do the Nexus One to try to move the phone platform hardware business forward. It clearly did. It was so successful, we didn't have to do a second one."
    Of course, he goes on to say that the Nexus One's sudden sunset was a shining example of Google's "nimbleness" -- and since the quote is from nearly four months ago, there's little reason to doubt that the company could've easily done a 180 since then, particularly since we're sure they'd like to have a clean, skin-free, and possibly carrier-free device to showcase Gingerbread. At any rate, time's running out to get a product advertised and available in time to catch holiday buyers... so this'll all have to shake out pretty quickly.

Hmm I am just ready for this to be announce already, this is starting to sound like the Iphone to verizon rumors....

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links