Nexus 2!?!

This is a discussion on Nexus 2!?! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; More grist for the Rumour Mill - 5 Ways a Google Nexus Two Could Break Carrier Control: Tech News Google Nexus Two = Sony Ericsson ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus 2!?!

Well it would make sense that Google would try and get Sony to build that Playstation phone cause then they would be getting all of the PSP fans into android and I there are A LOT of them out there. And if the nexus two is the Sony PSP phone then I don`t think I am any more interested in the nexus two then I was when I found out it was going to be a galaxy S phone. So unless Samsung decide to make a better phone build quality wise or Sony make a phone that is more like our amassing phone then a PSP I am not interested in a nexus two.

Eh I posted this in the wrong post and can't delete it so I am posting it again

Ok I am kinda interested in this phone now. 16gb storage, front facing camera, HD recording, 1.2gz processor and unlocked like the original Nexus One. It is also made out of metal and "some" plastic!!! This might be something good!!

Rumor: Nexus Two will feature 1.2 GHz CPU, headed to T-Mobile – Android and Me

Even if it is going to be the rumored specs, it isn't mind blowing like the Nexus one.

I mean I remember reading the specs on the Nexus one: 1Ghz processor (sure there was the Toshiba TG01, but how common were they?), AMOLED screen (Only available on a few Samsung phones, 512MB ram (that was more than my old desktop!)

This coupled by the fact that it looked great (without looking like an iphone clone) and was a direct google phone was a win to me. Sure the sales itself weren't that impressive, but it was a great push for android.

I was hoping the Nexus two would be just like the Nexus one, with great almost unseen specs that would WOW me. Something like a tegra 2 cpu/gpu, with lots of ram (the new desires have a lot like 700+mb ish?), new high res S-AMOLED and high quality cam yanked from those Japanese phones (Sharp AQUOS phones have great cameras!)

Sadly, from what I see, this is quite disappointing. Maybe the Nexus three
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I mean google needs to put out a phone NOW. I understand that tegra 2 is great and people are waiting for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon...And these are just rumored specs but to me they sound pretty good!!

never again samsung after galaxy i7500

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    I really, REALLY, hate the samsung ui

HTC build quality is overall better i think, the N1 feels solid and strong, unike samsung phones, feel like cheep plastic :\

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I really, REALLY, hate the samsung ui

HTC build quality is overall better i think, the N1 feels solid and strong, unike samsung phones, feel like cheep plastic :\
    +1

I would rather the phone be bit heavier if it means a sturdier material is used. The SGS is unrealistically light for a phone that size! It just doesn't seem right.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Nexus 1 is still a fabulous phone. Cmod 6.1 RC1 is super fast. 10/25/10 edition of GAAPS gave me and additonal 10mg of usable memory.

How much better do I need it? How much faster do I need?
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Nexus 1 is still a fabulous phone. Cmod 6.1 RC1 is super fast. 10/25/10 edition of GAAPS gave me and additonal 10mg of usable memory.

How much better do I need it? How much faster do I need?
    oh, simple answer:
    tri-core SOC-CPU @ 1.6 Ghz per core
    Playstation 3 equivalent GPU
    4 inch WXGA 1440x900 S-AMOLED screen
    1 Gig RAM
    12 MP rear-cam + auto-focus + dual-flash S-LEDs
    frontfacing 1.3 MP webcam
    WIFI-n @ 5 ghz (better range and building-wall penetration)
    Bluetooth 3.x
    HOST (not just client) USB-mini v3
    mini-HDMI
    dual-mic's
    SDXC/SDHC v3 (up to 2 Terrabytes) support
    2000 mAh battery

THE apple airbook killer in handheld form :D

think it's a pipe-dream with the tri-core CPU and the PS3-level 3D power? Nope, it's real and deployable to OEMs already: Marvell's tri-core ARM chip has near-PS3-level graphics

"...Marvell announced a whopper of a processor—the ARMADA 628. While most of the coverage so far has focused on the three A9-class processor cores, the craziest feature of this chip is its on-die GPU. The 628's GPU can push 200 million triangles per second (MT/s); for some perspective, compare the Playstation 3's GPU at 250MT/s This GPU, plus the three Sheeva PJ4 cores, means that you can put console-caliber gaming performance—1080p graphics and all—in a handheld..."

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links