Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

This is a discussion on Verizon now offering phone trade-in program within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Verizon has just released a Trade-In Program website where you can send in your old phones for a Verizon gift card. I certainly hadn't heard ...

Thread: Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

Admin

Verizon now offering phone trade-in program

Verizon has just released a Trade-In Program website where you can send in your old phones for a Verizon gift card. I certainly hadn't heard any peep about this and then all of the sudden, blam, it's up.

I took the liberty of pricing out some of the more popular Android phones and here's what we have as far as pricing based on "mint condition" phones as Verizon see's it:

• Motorola Droid - $52
    • Motorola Droid 2 - $72
    • Motorola Droid X - $124
    • HTC Droid Eris - $132
    • HTC Droid Incredible - $152
    • Google Nexus One - $132
    • LG Ally - $92
    • HTC EVO 4G - $132

Now, I'm not so sure why the Droid Eris holds up value so well, especially compared to the Droid X but that's how Verizon see's it apparently. My guess would be that Verizon is low on replacement units and thus prices the trade-in value accordingly.

You can check out the website at this URL: https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/

That Droid Incredible sure does hold it's value well! Your thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cool Verizon ripoff by trade in?

I looked on there (just out of curiosity) to see how much my Nexus One is worth. It just came up with the grand amount of $46.20 (a lot less than the $132 that you found on their site). Verizon is out of their minds, or greedy, or both. Granted, the Nexus One does not work on their network, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

Verizon has just released a Trade-In Program website where you can send in your old phones for a Verizon gift card. I certainly hadn't heard any peep about this and then all of the sudden, blam, it's up.

I took the liberty of pricing out some of the more popular Android phones and here's what we have as far as pricing based on "mint condition" phones as Verizon see's it:

• Motorola Droid - $52
    • Motorola Droid 2 - $72
    • Motorola Droid X - $124
    • HTC Droid Eris - $132
    • HTC Droid Incredible - $152
    • Google Nexus One - $132
    • LG Ally - $92
    • HTC EVO 4G - $132

Now, I'm not so sure why the Droid Eris holds up value so well, especially compared to the Droid X but that's how Verizon see's it apparently. My guess would be that Verizon is low on replacement units and thus prices the trade-in value accordingly.

You can check out the website at this URL: https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/

That Droid Incredible sure does hold it's value well! Your thoughts?

Uh I don`t see the point in this I mean why sell it to Verizon for 132$ when you can sell it on sites like eBay for like 500$ and if itís in good condition it can go up to like 650$ I bought mine on eBay for 600$ (after they stopped selling them from Google).

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    HAHAHAHA $132 for Nexus one???? I got $130 for my crappy Samsung Impression and they expect me to give them my $600 phone that's no even a year old for $132???

JDFAKJKIBUDFIOJHFKLGJASKLF

Sellmyoldcellphone.com will at least offers $283 for it. Twice more. And even that that's under priced, but I sold my two phones to them and got $225.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links