Google Nexus Two out in Europe in time for the holidays? [Rumor]

This is a discussion on Google Nexus Two out in Europe in time for the holidays? [Rumor] within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; British business paper City A.M. claims a Gingerbread-powered Google Nexus Two will launch in time for the holidays and will be available in the UK ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus Two out in Europe in time for the holidays? [Rumor]

JimMariner

Lightbulb Google Nexus Two out in Europe in time for the holidays? [Rumor]

British business paper City A.M. claims a Gingerbread-powered Google Nexus Two will launch in time for the holidays and will be available in the UK as a Carphone Warehouse exclusive. Considering Google CEO Eric Schmidt stated pretty plainly over the summer that there were no plans for a second Google-branded phone, we’re skeptical at best.

The report cites an unnamed industry source in saying, “It looks like Google is experimenting with the future of its mobile model in the UK. It tried releasing through a single carrier, now it is trying a single retailer. It could be a solution to the problems it experienced when it tried to sell the Nexus One exclusively through its website. People like to be able to go to a store — this solves that.”

The second coming of Google’s failed direct-sales experiment will apparently not be manufactured by HTC, the company responsible for building Google’s Nexus One, pictured above. The report does not indicate which company might be responsible for manufacturing the Nexus Two, however, saying only that the phone would likely not be made by Samsung.

by Zach Epstein
    October 26th, 2010 at 5:56pm
    Source

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bring it out and im buying it and one for the girl so 2 nexus 2s for me. this phones gotta be a rock solid powerhouse. only time will tell. thanks google for the treats for the holidays

I wish this was true but I imagine it's more likely that it will just be the existing Nexus One as carphone warehouse don't seem to sell this as it is.

Alternatively, if I'm really optimistic, this could be the Google iPad rival running gingerbread, sold exclusively through Carphone warehouse! Just think no-one knew anything about Nexus One until about 4 - 5 weeks before it's release, its totally viable that this could happen!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

i, too, would buy it immediately if it was a non-qwerty phone and not bigger than nexus one

This will be an embarrassment to the Nexus One. One word.. FAIL.

Here is an article released by Gizmodo. Give's you more of an idea of what the Nexus Two will look like: Hands on the Nexus Two by Samsung

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

samsung making the nexus two? please kill me now. or better yet, don't. i'm going for wp7 anyways

Gizmodo is an absolute joke.
    Take anything you read there with a Mack Truck full of salt.
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
    Gizmodo is an absolute joke.
    Take anything you read there with a Mack Truck full of salt.
    How so?

Rumor: Samsung will announce the Nexus Two on November 8th – Android and Me

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post

British business paper City A.M. claims a Gingerbread-powered Google Nexus Two will launch in time for the holidays and will be available in the UK as a Carphone Warehouse exclusive. Considering Google CEO Eric Schmidt stated pretty plainly over the summer that there were no plans for a second Google-branded phone, we’re skeptical at best.

The report cites an unnamed industry source in saying, “It looks like Google is experimenting with the future of its mobile model in the UK. It tried releasing through a single carrier, now it is trying a single retailer. It could be a solution to the problems it experienced when it tried to sell the Nexus One exclusively through its website. People like to be able to go to a store — this solves that.”

The second coming of Google’s failed direct-sales experiment will apparently not be manufactured by HTC, the company responsible for building Google’s Nexus One, pictured above. The report does not indicate which company might be responsible for manufacturing the Nexus Two, however, saying only that the phone would likely not be made by Samsung.

by Zach Epstein
    October 26th, 2010 at 5:56pm
    Source

WOW! An ADMINISTRATOR WITH 190 POSTS!!!

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-2-a.html

They're like those annoying commenters who post "FIRST!@#". They just toss whatever they hear out there without any sort of fact checking.

Don't get me wrong, this could be 100% legitimate but I wouldn't take Gizmodo as the only source. I do realize that a million other tech blogs have written about this too so it may well happen.
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links