The PlayStation Phone Is Shedding Some Light

This is a discussion on The PlayStation Phone Is Shedding Some Light within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Posted from Engadget The PlayStation Phone -- Engadget The PlayStation Phone By Joshua Topolsky posted Oct 26th 2010 9:09PM Breaking News Exclusive It's hard to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The PlayStation Phone Is Shedding Some Light

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

The PlayStation Phone Is Shedding Some Light

Posted from Engadget The PlayStation Phone -- Engadget

The PlayStation Phone

By Joshua Topolsky posted Oct 26th 2010 9:09PM
    Breaking News
    Exclusive

It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards.

The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed!
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ohhh that thing is just what i need to go with my psx4droid. i wish they would put a faster chip on it already 2GHz please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Bummer. Will update later
    Androidfied.

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Another Video that is Much more Detailed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6cxaVRs60w]YouTube - Sony Ericsson ZEUS - Z1-PlayStation Phone (spy)[/ame]

I hope this Drops on TMO!!!!!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I hope this Drops on TMO!!!!!
    I hope it is available unlocked cause after all it is still sort of a psp and a phone so psp doesn’t come on contract well not as far as I know

I am getting really excited for this phone her. I'm a pretty big game so I'm pretty pumped for this. I'm on T-Mobile, but I will switch if I have to for this as long as the specs are good.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

OMG and it has Gingerbread on it.
    Androidfied.

Twitter
    Nd1razor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links