Android 2.3 OTA Heading to the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Android 2.3 OTA Heading to the Nexus One? within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; You just have to love twitter for 1 liners that can be so important and get us so excited, especially on a Monday morning. Today ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 2.3 OTA Heading to the Nexus One?

dandroid

Android 2.3 OTA Heading to the Nexus One?

You just have to love twitter for 1 liners that can be so important and get us so excited, especially on a Monday morning. Today BGR runs across a tweet from Alvaro Fuentes Vasquez a part of the Leadership team and usability at Open Handset Aliance |Google Andoid according to Linkedln.

The tweet is published in Espaņol, but translate to something along the lines of: Prepare your Nexus One (Developer version) for Android OTA update 2.3 (Gingerbread) for the next few days :-D

This seems to fall in line with are front page story from yesterday: Android Gingerbread Roundup - Nov 11th Release?

Source: DroidForums.net via BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

nice! and yes, thats the translation :P

nice... CyanogenMod-6.1/2 with gingerbread :P

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Must we have updated to 2.2.1 to update to 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post

You just have to love twitter for 1 liners that can be so important and get us so excited, especially on a Monday morning. Today BGR runs across a tweet from Alvaro Fuentes Vasquez a part of the Leadership team and usability at Open Handset Aliance |Google Andoid according to Linkedln.

The tweet is published in Espaņol, but translate to something along the lines of: Prepare your Nexus One (Developer version) for Android OTA update 2.3 (Gingerbread) for the next few days :-D

This seems to fall in line with are front page story from yesterday: Android Gingerbread Roundup - Nov 11th Release?

Source: DroidForums.net via BGR
    I bought a Nexus One right before they shut down the Google.com/phone site. How would I know if I have a "developer version" of the N1? Are they actually different? I want updates! It's why I bought an N1! lol.

What is the difference between Nexus One and "Developer version" Nexus One?

Ah, and do you have to do anything special to prepare for an OTA update? I have only ever manually updated (not rooted though). Do I need to disable apps? Have a full battery charge? Reboot phone every so often? Uninstall home replacements?

What does "prepare your N1" mean, or is it just a figure of speech?

Someone will post the zip and we'll all have it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Ah, and do you have to do anything special to prepare for an OTA update? I have only ever manually updated (not rooted though). Do I need to disable apps? Have a full battery charge? Reboot phone every so often? Uninstall home replacements?

What does "prepare your N1" mean, or is it just a figure of speech?
    You don`t need to prepare anything you just need to wait and hope the update has what you want it to. Unless you update it by flashing a ROM of it then you need the usual nand/TB (if you want). But for you and me it doesn`t mean anything.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Gingerbread man can run as fast as he wants. I got a car to catch him.
    Androidfied.

How do you know he is not hitching a ride with Santa Clause?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    How do you know he is not hitching a ride with Santa Clause?
    I kidnapped Rudolph.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links