Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2

This is a discussion on Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2 within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post81705 God! Awful Plastic from Samsung Google's jacked it up again seems like the N1 has no competition FOREVER! (Unless Motorola comes out with a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post81705

God! Awful Plastic from Samsung

Google's jacked it up again

seems like the N1 has no competition FOREVER!

(Unless Motorola comes out with a Pure Android Phone - sans Bloatware and moto blur)

to all the people hating on samsung, it's kinda unfounded. here are a list of problems i saw another post-er post on a different forum. samsung and htc both make great phones. and i currently own an htc nexus

Solid build of the Nexus One? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That sentence is completely retarded. Nexus One had 3G issue and Touch Screen issues.
    Nexus One hardware issues as follows.
    1) 3G connectivity issue
    2) Touch Screen unresponsiveness/sensing incorrect input
    3) unresponsive trackball
    4) WIFI connectivity issue
    5) Lock button response issue
    6) Proximity sensor sensitivity issue
    7) Ambient light sensor issue
    8)bluetooth issues: fails to operate; inadequate volume; intermittent failure to accept commands
    9) speaker: horrible sound quality
    10) ringer: insufficient volume
    11) earpiece: insufficient volume
    12) headset connector: headphones cord activates pause or other functions
    13) manufacturer says phone cannot go in pocket
    14) missed call notification trackball does not flash

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    to all the people hating on samsung, it's kinda unfounded. here are a list of problems i saw another post-er post on a different forum. samsung and htc both make great phones. and i currently own an htc nexus

That sentence is completely retarded. Nexus One had 3G issue and Touch Screen issues.
    1) 3G connectivity issue
    8)bluetooth issues: fails to operate; inadequate volume; intermittent failure to accept commands
    And this is what I think about everything you said

1) Yes the nexus one has a 3g connectivity issue but only the t-mo version not at&t so when they realised it they fixed it.
    2) Yes that on is true and there is nothing to do about it although I don`t even notice it so.
    3) No I have no idea who told you this but I have never heard of someone with an unresponsive track ball and I use mine allot and it works fine.
    4) Yes but it was fixed in 2.2.1 so it was software not hardware.
    5) Yes this was a stupid move by htc but have you seen an htc phone with the same issue since the nexus one? Let me answer that, no because they learn from there mistakes and don`t do it again but Samsung still use cheep plastic and have not changed that.
    6) Not familiar with this issue so don`t know.
    7) Yes this is an issue on certain nexus ones not all.
    8) Don`t use Bluetooth so can`t tell you.
    9) No I use my speaker allot and have not noticed any bad quality sound (for a phone speaker) and I am a sound quality fanatic my brothers vibrant is less good quality sound then my nexus.
    10) Yes I agree totally if you use it in the sleeve other than that it is fine.
    11) I use a 3rd party pair of ear phones so couldn`t tell you but they are not suppose to be high quality and if you have a problem do like me and get a 3rd party pair.
    12) I don`t get what issue you are talking about.
    13) Ya so what it comes with a sleeve and if you want it in your pocket just put it in who cares.
    14) Ya cause it is only suppose to flash for a few seconds so I don`t even see the point of one.

If anybody is more experienced in one of the categories that I said like Bluetooth please feel free to add something.

What 'deel' said about Nexus One's issues make lot of sense to me..... sales of the Nexus One were very very disappointed from day one, and those reasons which 'deel' had listed were probably why. Only thing I like about Nexus One was CPU speed, and that's about it. Everything else pretty much failed....starting from flaky (sometimes unresponsive) multi-touch sensors. It did all kinds of crazy once my fingers got too close together. The output data got flipped, reporting my fingers as being in the polar opposite locations of where they actually were. Just imagine having to control two things on the screen at one time, and having said things mysteriously rocket off in the wrong direction. Now that pisses me off pretty much.
    I own both Nexus One and Galaxy S phones, and I can tell you this. Galaxy S is far better phone. Especially, after I got myself a rubberized cover for my galaxy, it feels very solid and nice, and I wouldn't mind to take the cover off anytime to show off slimline.

1) 3G connectivity issue
    1) Resolved in late January...weeks after release.
    2) Personally never saw this
    3) Never saw this
    4) Always worked fine
    5) Huh?
    6) Again, huh? Never saw this..heard a few reports here is all.
    7) Saw a few reports here, among several thousand (12k+) members
    8) BT was fixed, took several months however, still it worked for the basics.
    9) I still listen to podcasts from the kitchen, throughout my flat..plenty loud
    10) Not on mine
    11) Not on mine
    12) saw reports of this, never experienced it..determined to be a plug type
    issue?
    13) Flaw? Any thin phone (esp. a plastic one like Galaxy) is best not pocketed, sitting on them WILL break them.
    14) Never saw this either.

Yes, you can pull ALL the flaws ever mentioned, and suggest it's a flawed phone..yet I've personally only seen 2-3 of these issues, and they were resolved or improved to meet the OEM design spec. Nexus isn't perfect, but what phone is? I'd wager it's better built than Samsung GalaxyS...a friend recently got one, and is having buyers remorse-random shutdowns/reboots, finicky cable/software detect to puter, and routinely-failed notifications...pretty major stability issues in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdtls View Post
    What 'deel' said about Nexus One's issues make lot of sense to me..... sales of the Nexus One were very very disappointed from day one, and those reasons which 'deel' had listed were probably why. Only thing I like about Nexus One was CPU speed, and that's about it. Everything else pretty much failed....starting from flaky (sometimes unresponsive) multi-touch sensors. It did all kinds of crazy once my fingers got too close together. The output data got flipped, reporting my fingers as being in the polar opposite locations of where they actually were. Just imagine having to control two things on the screen at one time, and having said things mysteriously rocket off in the wrong direction. Now that pisses me off pretty much.
    I own both Nexus One and Galaxy S phones, and I can tell you this. Galaxy S is far better phone. Especially, after I got myself a rubberized cover for my galaxy, it feels very solid and nice, and I wouldn't mind to take the cover off anytime to show off slimline.
    Ya I know the sales were not very high but the sales tactic also affected them because people were not used to buying an unlocked phone and may I mention they still arenít. So it was not only the specs they didn`t like and back then those specs were actually pretty good and actually still are.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

1) 3G connectivity issue
    1) Resolved in late January...weeks after release.
    2) Personally never saw this
    3) Never saw this
    4) Always worked fine
    5) Huh?
    6) Again, huh? Never saw this..heard a few reports here is all.
    7) Saw a few reports here, among several thousand (12k+) members
    8) BT was fixed, took several months however, still it worked for the basics.
    9) I still listen to podcasts from the kitchen, throughout my flat..plenty loud
    10) Not on mine
    11) Not on mine
    12) saw reports of this, never experienced it..determined to be a plug type
    issue?
    13) Flaw? Any thin phone (esp. a plastic one like Galaxy) is best not pocketed, sitting on them WILL break them.
    14) Never saw this either.

Yes, you can pull ALL the flaws ever mentioned, and suggest it's a flawed phone..yet I've personally only seen 2-3 of these issues, and they were resolved or improved to meet the OEM design spec. Nexus isn't perfect, but what phone is? I'd wager it's better built than Samsung GalaxyS...a friend recently got one, and is having buyers remorse-random shutdowns/reboots, finicky cable/software detect to puter, and routinely-failed notifications...pretty major stability issues in my book.
    That is absolutely right and pretty much what I said in another thread where deel posted this and by lock button I think he meant the power button issue. And if you want my brother has a galaxy S and I can number out all the down sides of it like you did with the nexus one.

1) CHEEEP PLASTIC
    2) They take too long to get updated I mean itís still running its initial firmware

ok so my list isn`t that big but here is my list of things that make the nexus one better compared to the galaxy S

1) Trackball
    2) The plastic and the fact that is has some metal
    3) The noise cancelling mic
    4) There are more custom ROMs
    5) Unlocked

Anyone can feel free to add on to this list or to see more just visit this thread. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ighlight=nexus

So Eric Schmidt says he's carrying an "unannounced device" which looks exactly the same as the one we've seen on the pictures, all black and plastic. Says Gingerbread will be release in a few weeks. Check out the youtube videos later.

Now that I look at it, it seems cool and sexy. All black and clean design.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    So Eric Schmidt says he's carrying an "unannounced device" which looks exactly the same as the one we've seen on the pictures, all black and plastic. Says Gingerbread will be release in a few weeks. Check out the youtube videos later.

Now that I look at it, it seems cool and sexy. All black and clean design.
    Watching it now. A few weeks more for gingerbread. Ugh! +1 looks like the samsung product we have been seeing.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Lol I am watching it as well. I like how he almost slipped up an called it a Nexus phone instead of an "unannounced device".

The phone looks pretty nice I must admit, it looks very slim and sexy like the N1!!!!

I love how joked when he said "I said that there would never be a Nexus 2". Hint Hint. Eluded to say I never said there would never be another Nexus. Was a play with words.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links