Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2

This is a discussion on Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2 within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; As you may have seen or heard, the rumored Samsung Nexus S has become somewhat official. BGR released some never before seen images of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2

Admin

Nexus S outed, but Samsung refers to it as the Nexus 2

As you may have seen or heard, the rumored Samsung Nexus S has become somewhat official. BGR released some never before seen images of the Nexus S today. What's just as interesting however is that Samsung refers to this phone on their own internal documentation as the Nexus 2. How do we know? Well I cant read Korean but our forum member alzakx can... and here's what he has to say:

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx
    The first sticker just confirms that the i9020 is the new Samsung phone. Please remember that Samsung is a Korean based company, so that's why it is written in Korean.

The second sticker, the word written there sounds like... tan ta taaaaan... NECCHEOS. So that would be probably translated as Nexus. Noticed the 2 at the end? So that reads Nexus 2.

There you have it. You wanted to know what is looked like? There... the Nexus 2.
    So the name is still up for debate, IMHO.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think they should rename it

Generic Black Plastic Phone That Looks Like It's Made By Fisher Price hardware revision 9001.

Far more suitable and far less detrimental to the Nexus name.

^^^rotfl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwumon View Post
    I think they should rename it

Generic Black Plastic Phone That Looks Like It's Made By Fisher Price hardware revision 9001.

Far more suitable and far less detrimental to the Nexus name.
    +1
    I think Samsung ruined this one.

Big let down by Google. The plastic look is very unbecoming. Will be interesting to see what the spec's are though.

Guess I will have to baby my N1 to make sure it survives until a worthy successor comes out.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

This brings SHAME and DISHONOR to the Nexus line/name.

It doesn't even look high end (please get rid of the plastic!), it looks luck just another Samsung Galaxy S variant...

@Dragongunner: Yes, I'll be baby-ing my N1 too now.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

That makes three of us I alertly lost the amoled in my nexus one now I am going to be stuck with lcd so I will be babying it to avoid any other damages since it seems that it will be a long time before we get a better phone than the nexus one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    That makes three of us I alertly lost the amoled in my nexus one now I am going to be stuck with lcd so I will be babying it to avoid any other damages since it seems that it will be a long time before we get a better phone than the nexus one.
    maybe next year?

Maybe the Nexus 3 will have all the goodies we want. My list is in the Sig :D
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I am also unimpressed by this phone and hope this is just an unconfirmed rumor.

Overall, its just as cheap looking as the other Galaxy S phones. Certainly not worthy of the Nexus name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links