Samsung Galaxy Tab off to great start, 600,000 units sold

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Tab off to great start, 600,000 units sold within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Samsung was the first 'tier 1' hardware manufacturer to offer some legitimate competition to the Apple iPad in our opinion. According to the Korean Herald, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab off to great start, 600,000 units sold

Admin

Samsung Galaxy Tab off to great start, 600,000 units sold

Samsung was the first 'tier 1' hardware manufacturer to offer some legitimate competition to the Apple iPad in our opinion. According to the Korean Herald, they've sold 600,000 units globally in the first month of availability. I wouldn't quite call that a smashing success, but I would go so far as to say that sales were brisk and probably exceeded the expectations of a lot of people out there.

Samsung was very smart in the fact that they put all the hardware necessary to work on almost every carrier out there. You can get a Verizon version, an AT&T version, a Sprint version and a T-Mobile version. Then there are all the overseas carriers that it will work with as well.

We have our very own Samsung Galaxy Tab section here on TMODroids.com -- so you can visit that here: Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum @ TMODroids.com

Also, don't forget - we have a full site dedicated to all the different Android Tablets out there at the Android Tablet Forum - and a full section for the Samsung Galaxy Tab there as well: Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got to tinker with a Sprint version today at BestBuy. They had fully functional demos on display.

I really, REALLY liked the size. Not too big, not too small...great screen size, with better portability than the larger iPad (which I also played around with). All in all, I was quite impressed. I have to figure out a way to get a hold of one :D

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    AT&T are now available for order on Amazon

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CYEQF0/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I got to tinker with a Sprint version today at BestBuy. They had fully functional demos on display.

I really, REALLY liked the size. Not too big, not too small...great screen size, with better portability than the larger iPad (which I also played around with). All in all, I was quite impressed. I have to figure out a way to get a hold of one :D
    I still don't know if I want a 7" tab-sized one or a 10" ipad-sized one. There isn't anywhere near me where I can see both up close. How was the tab? Did you view any websites with it? How was the resolution ? In terms of being (a) able to view the whole width of the site and (b) the text being large enough to read?

I really like the 7" size for portability but worry it'll still be too close to the limitations of a phone.

Edit: I've pretty much convinced myself the galaxy tab 7" is the one I want now. I think I'll wait until mid January. I reckon the prices will drop a bit by then after Christmas is over and CES in Vegas, and CeBit in Hannover will be looming. I bet there'll be a lot of competition for it by then, giving me a chance to change my mind for something better, or go for the tab and get a better price. Shame though, I'd quite like to be using it in the 3 weeks off I have in December. Thing is, if I do get it, I'll have way less use for my Nexus One, as most of my usage with it is at home. If I do get a tab, I might sell my Nexus One and start using my old Motorola Razr for phone calls and my Tab for all things webby and gamey.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Just got my 7" galaxy tab. What a good decision. Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!

The larger 10" devices are too big. This is the perfect size.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Gongrats dd! I so still want one...

It looks much better than the very first pic in this thread. The border/edge around the outside of the screen doesn't look like it does in that first pic. It's more like the edge on a Sony Bravia Monolith. Probably not the most useful comparison but it's the TV I've got so I can compare it.

Here's a side-by-side size comparison:

After playing in the store with an iPad (10"), an Archos 10" tablet, and the Galaxy 7", I really really discovered that I don't want a 10" at all (that's what SHE said). It's simply too big and heavy and hard to type. With the 7" tablet you can hold it either side and type with your two thumbs. You'd need very long thumbs to do that on a 10" tablet. Even if Samsung were offering the 10" galaxy tab for the same price, I'd have gone for this. Ten inches or bigger and you might as well use a netbook (I already have a Samsung netbook with a 11" screen (I think).

I have the tmo version of he tab. I love it. Tried he cheap one from China, archos 7, and viewsonic 10, the galaxy tab wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    It looks much better than the very first pic in this thread. The border/edge around the outside of the screen doesn't look like it does in that first pic. It's more like the edge on a Sony Bravia Monolith. Probably not the most useful comparison but it's the TV I've got so I can compare it.

Here's a side-by-side size comparison:

How's the video quality?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links