Gingerbread tomorrow?

This is a discussion on Gingerbread tomorrow? within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Gingerbread's rumored Dec. 6th launch gains traction thanks to Notion Ink Alex Wagner Rumors of Gingerbread 's launch date have been a dime a dozen ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread tomorrow?

Gingerbread tomorrow?

Gingerbread's rumored Dec. 6th launch gains traction thanks to Notion Ink

Alex Wagner

Rumors of Gingerbread's launch date have been a dime a dozen as of late and, because there have been so many (and because they've all been wrong), it's been hard to put much faith in any of them. The latest rumor is that Android 2.3 will launch on Monday, December 6th, at the D: Dive Into Mobile event. We were a bit hesitant to believe the speculation at first, but now this rumor has gotten a jolt of life thanks to a blog post from Notion Ink. While announcing that all six variants of their Adam tablet had passed the FCC, the company slipped in the following bit of information:

6th December is another big day for Android and you will find out how fast Notion Ink can work. (Eden is extremely compatible with 2.3)

It's certainly no confirmation from Google, but that one sentence from Notion Ink has reignited the rumor mill. When you remember that on November 15th, Eric Schmidt said that Gingerbread would be coming in a "few weeks," the possibility of getting a GIngerbread treat on Monday looks even better. Still, this is all a rumor at this point, so be sure to keep a bit of salt nearby. So with this latest news, what do you all think about December 6th as G-Day?

Via Androinica, Notion Ink

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That would be a nice Early Christmas Present!!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I am pretty sure this is not just another rumour I think it is going to come tomorrow. I think they will also announce the nexus S at the same time as the phone to introduce gingerbread.d

Anyone know if there will be a live stream broadcast of this event?

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Anyone know if there will be a live stream broadcast of this event?
    I hope so but at what time is it at cause I might be in school?

I don't get the hype.

It isn't even a 3.0 release, it's a lousy 2.2 to 2.3 update.

They make a couple small changes to the UI, maybe fix a couple small bugs that few people ever run into, and everyone is jumping up and down like the thing is going to give you a massage AND a happy ending after each phone call you make...

It'll drop when it drops and it isn't going to be a big deal.

Well itís my first ota (other than frg83 and frg83D) so I have the right to be exited ok.

I think it will be released tomorrow..

Yeah. Why come in here and hate on everyone who is excited? So your not, then just say you personally aren't. There is no need to put down those of us that are.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Alex Wagner

Rumors of Gingerbread's launch date have been a dime a dozen as of late and, because there have been so many (and because they've all been wrong), it's been hard to put much faith in any of them. The latest rumor is that Android 2.3 will launch on Monday, December 6th, at the D: Dive Into Mobile event. We were a bit hesitant to believe the speculation at first, but now this rumor has gotten a jolt of life thanks to a blog post from Notion Ink. While announcing that all six variants of their Adam tablet had passed the FCC, the company slipped in the following bit of information:

6th December is another big day for Android and you will find out how fast Notion Ink can work. (Eden is extremely compatible with 2.3)

It's certainly no confirmation from Google, but that one sentence from Notion Ink has reignited the rumor mill. When you remember that on November 15th, Eric Schmidt said that Gingerbread would be coming in a "few weeks," the possibility of getting a GIngerbread treat on Monday looks even better. Still, this is all a rumor at this point, so be sure to keep a bit of salt nearby. So with this latest news, what do you all think about December 6th as G-Day?

Via Androinica, Notion Ink

I posted that quote from Notion ink on the day the blog post was put up in the "Gingerbread Thread. All things related."

I still think (from all the pics and stuff) that MIUI (with LP) looks better!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links