Nexus S without SD Card Slot.. WHAT??

This is a discussion on Nexus S without SD Card Slot.. WHAT?? within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; So as we were going over the spec sheet this morning of the Nexus S, a couple of things stood out. The lack of HSPA+ ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus S without SD Card Slot.. WHAT??

dandroid

Nexus S without SD Card Slot.. WHAT??

So as we were going over the spec sheet this morning of the Nexus S, a couple of things stood out. The lack of HSPA+ support, no dual-core processor, HDMI, and 8MP camera. However, most of those features are probably more "wants" then actual needs in a smart phone. Now one of the most disappointing hardware features that Android Police was quick to point out was the absence SD Card slot. Let us know your thoughts, would this keep you from purchasing the Nexus S?

Source: Android Police

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think it is a good Idea!! I noticed on my nexus one that apps run slower when I move them to the sd card, and 16gb should be enough. And also I notice that some sd run slow and are buggy especially in the gallery app..

Oh and I am still buying!!!

jah
    I think this is a very good idea. It will appeal to more users, who want simplicity (see apple.com), and you really don't want an sd card larger than 16 gigs anyway. And very, very few users will want to replace their sd cards for any reason other than when one wears out.

The big question to me is what carriers will have it in the US. I'm sick to death of T-Mobile.

Ok no offence to the guy who posted above but why the hell would they take out the SD card slot :mad:. I love having an SD card for one I can change stuff on the SD card like add music and such without the sinc cable (I have a card reader on my computer). Also with no SD card slot can you even flash ROMs cause I thought they had to be on the SD card or is that just the nexus one cause it doesn`t have enough internal space? Another thing is how do you add memory if you don`t think you have enough I know that 16GB is plenty
    but still if you want to add some your screwed that is what they are saying?

EDIT: I will probably still buy but first I need some more cash

That killed this phone for me. I personally just cannot justify the price tag. Im still under contract with tmobile so I wont get discount price. I could go buy a galaxy s and get the same specs on a better mobile provider. I wont by a new phone until I feel it is 2011 proof. Ive been looking at the LG star. Tegra 2 was 2nd place to orion and Nexus S was the only proposed phone to get the orion until the galaxy 2 or whatever Samsung comes up with. Dual core is a must for this upcoming year. I will keep my nexus one and play with the roms but for a day to day handset LG star will be it.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Honestly guys, it's not entirely a bad thing. Think about it. How many people right now on the Nexus one has a SD Card over 16gb? barely have an 8gb on mines and still only use 4gb tops, but I also don't store songs on there or tons of apps. Also who actually takes the time to turn off their phone, take off the case, take out the battery just to take out the SD Card on their Nexus. Don't most of you just plug and transfer? I mean honestly if you have over a Gig of apps on your phone that's incredible.

With that said, however, I do agree it would be nice to have an expandable slot.
    Androidfied.

Keeping my N1 until something as impressive comes out.

this is a deal breaker for me..

The thought that they would exclude an SD slot didnt even cross my mind for an instant. This news is pretty annoying. I was already stoked thinking about having a full 32GB on my nexus S (using the 16GB from my current nexus).

This is not good news AT ALL, there is absolutely no excuse for excluding it. Horrible judgement on googles part.

Sure most people dont "need" the space, but why prohibit the possibility of expanding if the consumer wanted to?

16GB starts to disappear FAST when you record HD video , add music, take pics, install apps etc...

meh.. ill wait for the nexus "4G"

Can any experienced rooted user tell me if you can flash a ROM form the internal storage. Not on the nexus one of cores but on a vibrant maybe or other phones with large internal memory.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Can any experienced rooted user tell me if you can flash a ROM form the internal storage. Not on the nexus one of cores but on a vibrant maybe or other phones with large internal memory.

No fret.

The internal memory is looked at like an SD card (storage). There's internal memory (for the OS) than there's memory (storage) then there's would be an external memory (SD) if this had the slot avail
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links