Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Rome ...to imagine some giant, galactic conspiracy... @WERA Not a conspiracy, just logical business practice. All companies delay new releases until market ...

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    ...to imagine some giant, galactic conspiracy...
    @WERA Not a conspiracy, just logical business practice. All companies delay new releases until market saturation, i.e., when sales of the current product has diminished to an unprofitable level. It's nothing personal. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    ...What I do is keep three roms up to date on my phone, and swap between them...
    @floogle Still working smoothly?

Stupid iphone causing verizon's delay.. i want my thunderbolt!

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Been let down to many times to believe anything right now regarding 2.3 but lets hope it is for real this time.

cyanogen mod 7 and done . .!

I liked CM but I wasn't a fan of the launcher they packed with it. I prefer the default launcher so I can switch up and use LauncherPro if I wish. For that reason I'll try and stay more stock with GB.

Totally happy with MicroMod for the past month or so. Gingerbread'd before anyone I know.

You are able to use launcherpro on CM7 or any other version of CM that I've seen for the nexus one. Works great on my phone and tablet.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

You can, yes. But CM comes with ADW instead of the default launcher and the associated wallpapers, etc are lost.
    IMO it would be preferable to lave the default launcher in there and let the user decide if they want ADW or LP or whatever.

I had CM6 before and it was great. My sole gripe (and it's a small thing really) was the launcher thing. At one point I removed ADW from my phone and put the default one back in so I could have the wallpapers, then I put LP on over that. I liked that combo better. But of course when you flash a nightly all that work is undone. Too much effort.

It would be great if they could offer CM in a kitchen like modaco does.

Anyway, it's just personal pref but I'm keeping my N1 as close to stock as possible for now. I'm loving the MicroMod 2.3.1... just wish they would publish an update.

But, I'm still having a lot of problems with the WiFi not connecting (cycling through "connecting" - "disconnected" for long periods of time) so I'd happily try any mod that professed to fix that.

Twitter
    Nd1razor

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links