Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; simple question : i'm rooted on stock 2.2. If I install the updates in order to get 2.3.3, I know that I will loose root ...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

simple question :

i'm rooted on stock 2.2. If I install the updates in order to get 2.3.3, I know that I will loose root but how loosing root will affect my phone ? Only lost of superuser access ? Will all my sd installed apps stays on sd ? Do I run titanium before installing updates ?

(I only have CacheMate, Move2sd Enabler, ShootMe and Titanium Backup as for rooted phone only apps)

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Personally im not sure why im so excited for this update lol, I just want it I guess. :P
    Give the new UI a spin.

ya, i know how you feel Any answer about my wounderings ?

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    I used CM7 RC1 for like literally 3hours and then I uninstalled it. I like the new look of it but the menu look like it's not properly arranged. I want to try the MIUI mod has anyone tried it. If so could you please tell me if I should go for it or should I go back to the CM7 RC1.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    The MIUI mod I tried last week is terrible. Real buggy. Slow as molasses. Many apps would not work. I've tried many different ROMs since I rooted, and MIUI was one of the worst. Looked pretty - when it wasn't completely frozen up. Definitely recommend staying AWAY from MIUI mod.

I'm sticking with CM 6.1.1 until they get all the kinks worked out of 7.

Hmmmmm thanks for the info but for gingerbread 2.3.3 is headed our ways I will give it a try before going back to CM7.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Gingerbread for the Nexus One is in the wild

This just popped up on the xda-developers forum. I can confirm that it will flash a stock T-Mobile style Nexus One to Android 2.3.3 (build GRI40). No idea if it works for AT&T phones. As always, YMMV.

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/81304b2de707.signed-passion-GRI40-from-FRG83G.81304b2d.zip

The standard manual update instructions apply:
    1. Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
    2. Power down your Nexus One
    3. Hold down the "Volume Down" button as you power the phone back on.
    4. A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to "recovery" and press the "Power" button.
    5. When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the "Power" and "Volume Up" buttons at the same time.
    6. From the menu that appears, select "Apply sdcard:update.zip."
    7. When the screen displays "Install from sdcard complete" select "reboot system now" and wait for the phone to power back up.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by inzite View Post
    This just popped up on the xda-developers forum. I can confirm that it will flash a stock T-Mobile style Nexus One to Android 2.3.3 (build GRI40). No idea if it works for AT&T phones. As always, YMMV.
    Thanks for the info!

As for the build, if I remember correctly, they are different for AT&T... So, probably not going to work for me atm...

never rooted
    stock unlocked tmobile and i get an error when applying.. tried it twice:
    assert failed: getprop(“ro.bootloader”) ==”.35.2017″ || getprop(“ro.bootloader”) == “0.35.0017″
    E.Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Quote Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
    never rooted
    assert failed: getprop(“ro.bootloader”) ==”.35.2017″ || getprop(“ro.bootloader”) == “0.35.0017″
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    Is the file identified as update.zip.zip? Because that may be part of the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by BillBallantine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
    never rooted
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    Is the file identified as update.zip.zip? Because that may be part of the problem...
    Nope. I always download the zip that has that long ass name and I simply change it to update so it's update.zip.

I also ALWAYS show file extensions in windows to avoid the .zip.zip.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links