Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; all im thinking about is the xoom and the g slate...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

all im thinking about is the xoom and the g slate
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    all im thinking about is the xoom and the g slate
    mmmm... xoom...

I'm just going to flash gingerbread to my nexus one why wait for the update when you can have it now? And the one I'm waiting for this the Motorola Atrix that phone looks awesome plus it's going to be one of the first really good android phones to actually make it to Canada

I cant see us (N1's) getting gingerbread any time soon or anything after that for that matter, to put it bluntly the N1 in googles eyes has done what it was created to do and that was to progress Android to the Gingerbread state, now they have another phone thats build to pick up from Gingerbread for a year or so before it also falls to another Google branded Dev phone. I am just hoping that they do not do this with their tablets as they are blatantly going to release the Google tablet along with Honeycomb and who knows maybe they will brand it a Dev tablet later on only to release another in 10 months?

The N1 is just not a priority any more and so is going to suffer like the other androids whilst the N1 was on top (N1 received and update and then weeks/months later the other started getting them). I feel sorry for N1 users thinking that we are still the big dogs and should get the updates like we used to but the fact is a new kid is on the block and shines a little brighter than us old men. Its sad to say the the future of the N1 rests on Rooting and running Roms based or built from the new updates, what will be fun will be seing when the next update after gingerbread hits, i mean we aint getting HoneyComb as its reserved for tablets and once it hits the updates will start to slow down maybe even pause for phones as the Dev teams start to geek out on tablets.

Just a little rant really but i have nothing better to do :P
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I cant see us (N1's) getting gingerbread any time soon or anything after that for that matter, to put it bluntly the N1 in googles eyes has done what it was created to do and that was to progress Android to the Gingerbread state, now they have another phone thats build to pick up from Gingerbread for a year or so before it also falls to another Google branded Dev phone. I am just hoping that they do not do this with their tablets as they are blatantly going to release the Google tablet along with Honeycomb and who knows maybe they will brand it a Dev tablet later on only to release another in 10 months?

The N1 is just not a priority any more and so is going to suffer like the other androids whilst the N1 was on top (N1 received and update and then weeks/months later the other started getting them). I feel sorry for N1 users thinking that we are still the big dogs and should get the updates like we used to but the fact is a new kid is on the block and shines a little brighter than us old men. Its sad to say the the future of the N1 rests on Rooting and running Roms based or built from the new updates, what will be fun will be seing when the next update after gingerbread hits, i mean we aint getting HoneyComb as its reserved for tablets and once it hits the updates will start to slow down maybe even pause for phones as the Dev teams start to geek out on tablets.

Just a little rant really but i have nothing better to do :P
    I have a feeling (and a hope) that you are wrong. They are clearly temporaryily holding GB away from N1 as a moneygrab to get people to buy new Nexus S instead of used N1, as stated earlier. But clearly the android platform updates faster than google decides to release google phones. So there would be no reason to hold android 2.3.x, 2.4 etc from the N1 after the novelty of the Nexus S wears off. At least thats my hope... gulp.

Oh I have no doubt we will get it but now it is a case of the new updates will be designed, built, tested and released for the NS and the modified to work with the rest of the devices......and we know how long that took for people whilst we ran the N1.

Engraved using pure root!
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I am thinking we will be getting the Gingerbread update in a couple of weeks...I have noticed several updates for my apps that I have installed on my Nexus One. Yesterday evening, I received 5 updates for apps on mine.

Oh I have no doubt we will get it but now it is a case of the new updates will be designed, built, tested and released for the NS and the modified to work with the rest of the devices......and we know how long that took for people whilst we ran the N1.

I disagree. It takes so long for otherdevices to get their updates because it is up to the manufacturers to tailor stock android to their specific UI versions of android.

NS and N1 will be using the same stock android, so there is no difference in the software betwee the two, and therefore should be able to roll out to N1 as soon as its ready for NS.... Unless I am missing something here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post

I disagree. It takes so long for otherdevices to get their updates because it is up to the manufacturers to tailor stock android to their specific UI versions of android.

NS and N1 will be using the same stock android, so there is no difference in the software betwee the two, and therefore should be able to roll out to N1 as soon as its ready for NS.... Unless I am missing something here...
    There are Hardware differences(N1 has no NFC Chip, NS has no SD slot) So I can understand why it would be different for the N1 compared to the NS.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    There are Hardware differences(N1 has no NFC Chip, NS has no SD slot) So I can understand why it would be different for the N1 compared to the NS.
    I know there are hardware differences, but isn't the OS suppose to be "requirements free"?

I mean, the OS can take full advantage of almost any kind of phone hardware right now. Why would that be different with GB?

Just wondering...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links