Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a feeling that it is because they pushed gingerbread out to early because they wanted to push out the update to be on ...

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

I have a feeling that it is because they pushed gingerbread out to early because they wanted to push out the update to be on their 6 month schedule and so that it would be honeycomb that would welcome tablets to the android world but the software was just not quite ready yet that is why they are having trouble and needed to release an update for the software like a week after it was out. And why they can't get it to the nexus one now because it is only good for the nexus S hardware and that is why the devs like micro mod have so much trouble getting it to the nexus one.

Well that is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I have a feeling that it is because they pushed gingerbread out to early because they wanted to push out the update to be on their 6 month schedule and so that it would be honeycomb that would welcome tablets to the android world but the software was just not quite ready yet that is why they are having trouble and needed to release an update for the software like a week after it was out. And why they can't get it to the nexus one now because it is only good for the nexus S hardware and that is why the devs like micro mod have so much trouble getting it to the nexus one.

Well that is what I think.
    It's probably close to what you are saying. According to Matias Duarte on the interview from Engadget, it seems as if he had very little time to work on GB.

Exclusive interview: Google's Matias Duarte talks Honeycomb, tablets, and the future of Android -- Engadget

Question No Gingerbread yet for nexus one

I have an unlocked nexus one. I have not yet got the GB upgrade. When is it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by sashykanth View Post
    I have an unlocked nexus one. I have not yet got the GB upgrade. When is it coming?
    no one knows
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I'm quite bored of waiting for gingerbread now. Everytime someone says its coming it seems like it never does. I would like Google to put out a release date. Even if they miss it, it would be nice to at least hear something. Talk about fragmentation, Google is doing now!

I think a fork has come in the road. Either you root your phone and flash custom ROMs like MM's gingerbread if you want, or you just give up stop complaining and just be happy whenever it gets here.

Yes rooting is my job for next Saturday.

Why wait till then? You could do it now:D.

I haven't done it before so I'm going to read up and figure out what rom to go for. Any recommendations?

Ok well for the read up I can point you in the right direction if you want this forum is the place to look IMHO although what method of root would you like to use unlocking the bootloader or superoneclick?

As far as recommendations for a ROM either cm6.1.1 or since you are looking forward to gingerbread so much, maybe micromod's gingerbread.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links