Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; But Floogles that is actually a pretty good idea to have 3 ROMs at the same time I think I might try that for a ...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting OTA Gingerbread update in the next week

But Floogles that is actually a pretty good idea to have 3 ROMs at the same time I think I might try that for a while cause I have three ROMs I want to run cm6.1.1, MM's gingerbread and I want to try out miui cause it looks pretty cool but I never thought of having all three of them and changing at will thanks for the tip.

No probs dude! It only takes a couple of minutes to switch between them, the only slightly annoying thing is remembering to update each one when you get new apps etc. but the advantage of having coherent roms at a moments notice outweighs it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Micro mods gingerbread (feels right on the N1, nice and clean)
    Where did you get this mod?
    Also does it include the proprietary Google apps? If not, which apps package did you use?
    I googled "micro mod" and "micromod" and couldn't find it.

I was considering flashing to Gingerbread following this article:
    How to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread on Google Nexus One: Complete Guide
    but I'm not sure if a Froyo apps package will work with a Gingerbread mod.

Thanks

For gingerbread here is a thread from this forum that has a a download link and it includes GAPPS http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...bread-v16.html

dryphi, if you go to xda developers forum, and to nexus one android development, there is a load of threads of different roms, look for mm's gingerbread v.19, it's good and stable.you can download the rom from the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    If you want gingerbread just flash it that is what I will be doing soon but I love cyanogen to much so it's hard to change:D

Is there actually an update.zip version of 2.3 out somewhere? Or when you say flash it do you mean rooting and then flashing some random guys hacked version of 2.3?

I update.zip 2.1.1 and 2.2 and I like that. Im not up for rooting and flashing some guy's software to my $600 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    If you want gingerbread just flash it that is what I will be doing soon but I love cyanogen to much so it's hard to change:D

Is there actually an update.zip version of 2.3 out somewhere? Or when you say flash it do you mean rooting and then flashing some random guys hacked version of 2.3?

I update.zip 2.1.1 and 2.2 and I like that. Im not up for rooting and flashing some guy's software to my $600 phone.
    Well I understand what you are saying but this ROM is custom and is safe and even if it wasn't you can just restore a nandroid backup if something goes wrong. Then it would be like if you never flashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post

I am using micro mod gingerbread. It works wonderfully. You should have more faith in the custom ROM community. It is safe to use.

Inscribed via sonic screwdriver

I just wish that Google would hurry up and release the Gingerbread update to us already.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a while because they probably won't release it to anyone for a while and well maybe they will just skip over gingerbread and go straight to honeycomb.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links