FCC Requests Comments from the Public Regarding AT&T/T-Mobile Merger

This is a discussion on FCC Requests Comments from the Public Regarding AT&T/T-Mobile Merger within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The United States FCC is currently considering the AT&T acquisition of T-Mobile, and has created an online Electronic Comment Filing System, to find out what ...

Thread: FCC Requests Comments from the Public Regarding AT&T/T-Mobile Merger

dgstorm

FCC Requests Comments from the Public Regarding AT&T/T-Mobile Merger

The United States FCC is currently considering the AT&T acquisition of T-Mobile, and has created an online Electronic Comment Filing System, to find out what the general public thinks of it. You can head over to the link below and leave your opinion on whether the AT&T buyout of T-Mobile would be good or bad for you as a consumer and the industry as a whole. We don't want to steer you in a certain direction, but most of us hold the opinion that this merger would be bad for the industry and consumers. The folks at AndroidPolice summed it up nicely with the following points:
    • A lack of competition resulting from fewer, larger carriers may result in less innovation and increased prices.
    • Both carriers’ 4G HSPA+ bands are incompatible, risking loss of coverage for T-Mobile handsets once AT&T LTE starts rolling out
    • Only one major carrier will be buying GSM handsets, meaning they will have the lion’s share of control over the GSM devices that make it to the U.S. market

Ultimately, with AT&T in control of more Androids than ever, it could also hurt the developing Android market as well, since AT&T doesn't exactly have the greatest track record with Androids or customer service.

Regardless of your perspective, sound off in this thread and go make it public at the FCC link. Make sure you choose The AT&T docket #11-65.

FCC Electronic Consumer Filing System
    Source: Android.net via AndroidPolice

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well this doesn't concern me at all but just for the fun of it I'll give it the way I see it.

Well first off if I read this right then the fcc are deciding if AT&T can buy t-mo of not?? But as far as I know when I go to Walmart or what ever the manager doesn't decide what I can and can't buy with my own money it kind of sounds like sticking your nose were it's not really supposed to be.

That being said I do partially agree with them because if AT&T take t-mo out of the market it will force everybody to switch over to their network which has good and bad it has good because AFAIK they will adjust the towers and such and get much larger coverage but everyone will be on the same network and when they will go LTE it will probably be the fastest growing LTE network yet, although with all the people force ably on the same network this will cause a loss in speed which will kind of defeat the purpose of LTE.

The other thing I would like to bring up is all the t-mobile android phones that will be pretty much useless since there is no network to put them on (at 3G speeds) although this isn't that big of a deal because in a few years everything will be LTE and we will be complaining if were stuck on 3G so this worries me less.

Anyway that's what I think but who really cares what I think in all of this I'm Canadian

Less carriers isn't a good thing in any way....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links