Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by NexusOneToo I dont think many (if any) are confused by the concept of battery usage, you are right, it's not rocket science... ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    I dont think many (if any) are confused by the concept of battery usage, you are right, it's not rocket science...

However, when you use the phone the exact same way - for basically the same amount of time - and post update has faster battery drain, what is the explanation and fix?

My batter went downhill after GB... got a new one and it was holding charge longer... now after the recent update its draining faster and I'm doing nothing different.
    Situations like that are more complicated. You'll have to use a process of elimination....

1) What does the battery usage tell you?
    2) What apps are you running?
    3) Is there hog in the bunch?

I stayed with CM 6.0 RC1 for a long, long time because the RC2 and following all had extreme battery drain in the "Android OS".

I still don't know why that was, but I've moved on to CM 7 now and don't have that issue any more. Of course, for an upgrade like that I had to back up everything, wipe the system and then install CM7. So maybe something in there cleaned it up or CM7 is just better. I don't know.

But rooted, CM7 with SetCPU is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I dont think many (if any) are confused by the concept of battery usage, you are right, it's not rocket science...

However, when you use the phone the exact same way - for basically the same amount of time - and post update has faster battery drain, what is the explanation and fix?

My batter went downhill after GB... got a new one and it was holding charge longer... now after the recent update its draining faster and I'm doing nothing different.
    Situations like that are more complicated. You'll have to use a process of elimination....

1) What does the battery usage tell you?
    2) What apps are you running?
    3) Is there hog in the bunch?

I stayed with CM 6.0 RC1 for a long, long time because the RC2 and following all had extreme battery drain in the "Android OS".

I still don't know why that was, but I've moved on to CM 7 now and don't have that issue any more. Of course, for an upgrade like that I had to back up everything, wipe the system and then install CM7. So maybe something in there cleaned it up or CM7 is just better. I don't know.

But rooted, CM7 with SetCPU is excellent!
    battery use is virtually identical to what it has always beed - majority resource is display... I'm not running any applications that I didnt run prior to recent update, I'm not using display any more often or brighter than I did prior to recent update...

What I'm saying is, the phone is being used in an identical manner... but the battery life doesnt seem to be lasting as long (same thing has happened in past updates/upgrades).

I can chase my tail and curtail my usage and jump through hoops making my battery last longer - but that's not the point. It would be like having your electric bill suddenly become higher for no apparent reason - sure, you can figure out ways to limit your electricity usage, but that doesn't explain why it went up without any changes in your normal use.

I can chase my tail and curtail my usage and jump through hoops making my battery last longer - but that's not the point. It would be like having your electric bill suddenly become higher for no apparent reason - sure, you can figure out ways to limit your electricity usage, but that doesn't explain why it went up without any changes in your normal use.
    I guess you're missing my point. If something really is "eating your battery", you should be able to find it.

I understand that this is frustrating. It also was for me when I had the problem with CM6.0 RC2. But there are ways to figure it out.

Have you tried doing a factory reset and installing from scratch?

As many here will tell you, there are many advantages in rooting and using tools like Titanium backup, ROM Manager, SetCPU, etc.

With these tools I can easily revert back to a previous OS in a few minutes should I run into issues like this.

This also does not seem to be a global problem because I don't see a lot of people having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    This also does not seem to be a global problem because I don't see a lot of people having the same problem.
    initially it didnt seem to be a global problem either... right after GB there werent a lot of people reporting battery life problem... however as time went on it became apparent, a simple search now results in the issue mentioned quite a bit...

I suspect as time goes on, you will see the same with the recent update.

[quote=Beer Goggles;98857]
    Ya totally agree with this,if your doing nothing different with your phone battery usage should stay the same,(I took the update today),normally I charge once a day and of course over night, today I had to charge twice,why?I have done nothing different other then accept the update,I've comb through my phone looking for a reason but nothing,other then that no difference then 2.3.3,still got the delay when calling and GPS is still of by a couple kilometers at best.so can anyone tell me what the update was for?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Also apps close for no reason now,any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

so what has changed with this updates? any new benefits or features?

unable to connect to wifi since OTA to 2.3.4 How do i get back to 2.3.3 ?

>>>> problem resolved after resetting to factory settings on both the N1 and my home router

dic
    What I've noticed different in 2.3.4:
    1. Battery life is much improved. Before, when checking Battery Usage, "display" was the #1 battery hog. It is now relegated to #4.
    2. I have my screen setting timeout set to 30 sec. Before it would just fade off. Now it goes black with a horizontal white line and poof! it's off. And, on top of battery usage screen it shows in days/hours time on battery since charging.(was this here before???)
    Not sure about other features, whether new/improved or just the same. Maybe I didn't notice them before??? But, phone appears more responsive...fast.
    Anyone else notice anything different in the upgrade??

Quote Originally Posted by gaetanlondon View Post
    unable to connect to wifi since OTA to 2.3.4 How do i get back to 2.3.3 ?

>>>> problem resolved after resetting to factory settings on both the N1 and my home router
    Had the very same problem, but a simple reboot on the router side solved the issue. Didn't need to reset my N1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links